Albert Haynesworth released by Pats | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Albert Haynesworth released by Pats

There's a lot wrong with that post but I'll do my best:for starter's the Patriots are ranked last in terms of total yardage. In terms of points allowed, the truly meaningful stat for a defense, they're currently 19th. People always talk of how dominant the Patriots defense was in the ealr 2000s, but the 2001 SB team was ranked 24th overall in total defense (yardage allowed). Nevermind the fact that we're only halfway through the season.As far as the drafting goes, any Patriot fan will tell you that 06-08 was a lean time, and looking back they missed out on a lot of quality players. Personally the 2006 draft was BB's biggest mistake, since he should have used it to start replenishing the defense. I don't blame him for the 2007 draft, they got 2 decent years from Meriweather, traded a future first for Mayo and got Welker for a 2nd. After the Welker trade they didn't pick again until the 4th round.The 08 draft was bad outside of Mayo; as far as Shawn Crable goes, he was a very good OLB prospect coming out of college but spent his first 2 years in the NFL on IR and never recovered. Seeing as how he never had any injury problems in college I don't really blame BB for not being able to see into the future.the 09 draft was actually quite good. People always say they could have drafted Clay Matthews (nevermind that the Dolphins passed on him as well), but I remember reading Pats forums leading up to the draft and a lot of Pats fans wanted the other USC LB, Rey Maualuga and Clay Matthews wasn't really on a lot of people's radar, it's just that in hindsight it looks bad, even though 24 other teams passed on him. The Pats got Chung who's turning into a good safety, and Sebastian Vollmer who's one of the best tackles in the league. Typically getting 2 quality starters in 1 draft is considered very good so I don't know why other fans criticize that Patriot's draft. They also got Ron Brace who's been a decent role player and the only reason he was inactive lastweek was because he just came off the PUP list.If you look at BB's overall track record as a drafter/GM, you'd see he's quite good. the Patriots were one of the best drafting teams from 2001-2005, and while 06-08 definitely hurt their cause, the 09 and 2010 drafts have been good for the team. He's also done a good job at free agency as well.and as far as the Steelers being the team of the decade over the Patriots, they have fewer SB victories, fewer SB appearances, fewer AFC titles and appearances, a worse record, and lost twice to NE in the playoffs.[/QUOTE]You dont get it, just like the rest of the Pat's fans. Your success in the Belicheat era is tainted! If I was a player, coach or fan I would be pissed. Bellicheat has not won a Superbowl since Spygate.....Enough said. No matter what I say you will never get it. Your fan base and town are very myopic. BTW the Jets will takeover the division this weekend.
I thought this was a thread about Haynesworth and the Patriots' front office. You decided to go on a spygate crusade.the Patriots were never convicted or accused of cheating. the rumor that they taped the Rams walkthrough was just that, a rumor. The Boston Herald issued a front page apology for accusing the Patriots of taping the walkthrough.every major figure in that "incident" including Mangini, says it was overblown. The Patriots still have their rings, there's no astericks next to their championships, and numerous respected football minds have said the taping didn't matter. Even Matt Walsh, the "smoking gun" said the taping was never used in games.Maybe you can tell me what spygate has to do with Haynesworth's release. I don't see a connection.

and it's ironic how you call me myopic while ignoring 90% of my response and focusing on the last line.

Back
Top Bottom