Albert Pujols signing with Angels for 10 years and at least $250 million | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Albert Pujols signing with Angels for 10 years and at least $250 million

You guys would have been ecstatic if Pujols had signed with the Marlins. Since he signed somewhere else, it's automatically a terrible deal.

10 year contracts offered by any team are retarded, doesn't matter whether it's in Miami, LA, or Bum****, Egypt.

You guys would have been ecstatic if Pujols had signed with the Marlins. Since he signed somewhere else, it's automatically a terrible deal.

10 year contracts offered by any team are retarded, doesn't matter whether it's in Miami, LA, or Bum****, Egypt.

I would of loved to see Pujols in a Marlins uni but I was glad we didn't shell out that 10 yrs 200 + mil...that's crazy. The Marlins made the right move by withdrawing the offer.

I'm sure plenty would. And I'm sure it would of worked out great for 4-5 years. But 10 years, with a no trade clause, with all that money, I think that money could be spent much more wisely.

If they Angels win a championship with Pujols and Wilson, Im sure they will consider the deal a success even if they both suck towards the end of their respective deals.

Its definitely not gonna be pretty at the end though. Still mad at the Yankees for signing ARod to that 10 year deal. I wanted no part of that.

I would have been ecstatic. However, it WAS a terrible deal. 10 year deal for a guy who MIGHT be 31? A guy who IS declining. It's a BAD deal but he's someone we would have benefited from more than any team in either league.

I would have been ecstatic. However, it WAS a terrible deal. 10 year deal for a guy who MIGHT be 31? A guy who IS declining. It's a BAD deal but he's someone we would have benefited from more than any team in either league.

In the end, those bad years at the back of that contract will be worth it if he can get your team over the hump though. Pujols will have a better year than he had last year. He really had a down year by his ridiculous standards. I think he has at least 3-4 MVP consideration caliber years left in him. And who knows...maybe he ages well. Jeter was still an elite bat at SS even at 35 and is still a good hitter for a MIF at 37. On the other hand, ARod appears to be aging much faster. You just never know. Its a gamble and those last few years are gonna be ugly, but you cant fault the Angels for going all in for a WS.

In the end, those bad years at the back of that contract will be worth it if he can get your team over the hump though. Pujols will have a better year than he had last year. He really had a down year by his ridiculous standards. I think he has at least 3-4 MVP consideration caliber years left in him. And who knows...maybe he ages well. Jeter was still an elite bat at SS even at 35 and is still a good hitter for a MIF at 37. On the other hand, ARod appears to be aging much faster. You just never know. Its a gamble and those last few years are gonna be ugly, but you cant fault the Angels for going all in for a WS.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeell no lololol. He might age well if he starts popping cattle steroids.

:lol: :lol:

Disappointed we're not going after Prince Fielder. I'd rather have him and Buerhle than one Pujols for 10 years.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeell no lololol. He might age well if he starts popping cattle steroids.

:lol: :lol:

Hes 31. Its definitely not out of the realm of possibility that hes still a top 5 AL player at 34-35 considering he was the greatest player in baseball for years until this year when he got hurt. Jeter had one of the best years of his career at 35.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pujols would have been the most loved and respected Cardinal ever, right up there with Stan Musial, but after reading many statements on the Cardinal's fan forums, most people just think he is just greedy. In the end, it was ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. That's why I love Cliff Lee, he told the Phillies he wanted to play for them and told the Yankees to take their bigger offer and stick it. It doesn't matter what Lee does the rest of his career..,,he is loved in Philly...always will be.

Back
Top Bottom