Albert Wilson 2017 Receptions Chart | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Albert Wilson 2017 Receptions Chart

Aqua4Ever04

Active Roster
Reaction score
Here is the complete breakdown on Albert Wilson. Same deal as the pieces I did with Landry, Stills, Grant, Parker and Carroo.

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/dolphins/albert-wilsons-2017-receptions-chart/

Wilson’s receptions chart is indistinguishable from Landry’s. Working primarily inside, and on routes within a few yards of the line-of-scrimmage, Wilson makes his money after the catch. His 326 yards after the catch (7.7 per catch) and 19 broken tackles make him one of the NFL’s most elusive receivers.

If you read anything about Wilson without looking at his name it seems as though it's written about Jarvis Landry.

Watch his game and you'll see the same thing too. Far more efficient player that breaks a lot of tackles and catches a lot of balls near the LOS.

And he's got the 4.35 in his back pocket.

"85.7% of his receptions coming against off-coverage"

o_O

Done purely out of scheme. They always have him in a tight grouping (bunched, stacked, trips) or inline, or in the backfield. They create free releases for him, much like the Dolphins do with Kenny Stills. Expect to see these two stacked/bunched a ton in 2018.

The one thing that scares me about Wilson is that he had 345 of his 554 yards in 4 games. He played at least 40% of the Chiefs offensive snaps in 12 games. I wonder if he was simply under utilized or just not getting open? I may not like the signing but congrats to him on getting a pretty good contract.

If you read anything about Wilson without looking at his name it seems as though it's written about Jarvis Landry.

Man some people really just can't see beyond the YPC. Wilson has 7 career touchdowns while Landry had 9 last year alone. Yeah, they're basically the same...

Man some people really just can't see beyond the YPC. Wilson has 7 career touchdowns while Landry had 9 last year alone. Yeah, they're basically the same...

Browns thread —-> Who’s Landry? That’s not a player on our roster.

Of course, Landry should have many more TD's than Wilson due to the high number of targets he receives.

Wilson - 220 targets, 9 TD's, TD every 24.4 targets
Landry - 584 targets, 22 TD's, TD every 26.5 targets.

Looks pretty comparable to me with Wilson having a slight edge.

Nice comparison as ive stated don't see it as too much of a downgrade and if he has the smarts that will only help the team.

Of course, Landry should have many more TD's than Wilson due to the high number of targets he receives.

Wilson - 220 targets, 9 TD's, TD every 24.4 targets
Landry - 584 targets, 22 TD's, TD every 26.5 targets.

Looks pretty comparable to me with Wilson having a slight edge.

You can't throw these stats out there like this without any context. It's meaningless. Albert Wilson is a mediocre receiver who is schemed open 24/7. No defensive coordinator is like "where is Albert Wilson" LMAO.

Meanwhile when Jarvis Landry played the Patriots,

DAVIE — Bill Belichick was wearing a microphone for NFL Films the last time the Patriots routed the Dolphins, which was less than two weeks ago.

“Landry, where is he?” Belichick says.

“Let’s make sure we get Landry,” Belichick says.

“Doubling Landry,” Belichick says.

Back
Top Bottom