Albert Wilson 2017 Receptions Chart | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Albert Wilson 2017 Receptions Chart

You can't throw these stats out there like this without any context. It's meaningless. Albert Wilson is a mediocre receiver who is schemed open 24/7. No defensive coordinator is like "where is Albert Wilson" LMAO.

Meanwhile when Jarvis Landry played the Patriots,

So hard numbers and stats are meaningless but 3 lines from a coach are the end all be all. Lulz

You can't throw these stats out there like this without any context. It's meaningless. Albert Wilson is a mediocre receiver who is schemed open 24/7. No defensive coordinator is like "where is Albert Wilson" LMAO.

Meanwhile when Jarvis Landry played the Patriots,

Having a WR "feared" enough to be doubled by Bellicheck didn't exactly do us much good.

Maybe having 4 viable options on the field at the same time, like the Patriots do, is more akin to a winning strategy?

So hard numbers and stats are meaningless but 3 lines from a coach are the end all be all. Lulz

Point being, one guy draws the assignment of the number 1 corner, and even double coverage in certain matchups, while the other is schemed open and gets the vast majority of his receptions against off coverage.

A TD to target ratio would imply that Kenny Stills is as potent of a receiver as Julio Jones, but nobody is stupid enough to believe that, right?

Albert Wilson cannot hold Jarvis Landry's jock strap.

Having a WR "feared" enough to be doubled by Bellicheck didn't exactly do us much good.

Maybe having 4 viable options on the field at the same time, like the Patriots do, is more akin to a winning strategy?

We don't have "4 viable options", bro lol. We have 1 solid vertical threat in Stills, a very questionable former first-round pick who has yet to show any consistency....and some JAGS.

Unless Parker finally breaks out and becomes the AJ Green like player we all had hoped for , or Ryan Tannehill became Brady esque during his injury hiatus, Defenses are licking their chops playing the Dolphins right now. We better hope we get some special talent like Barkley in the draft, or it's gonna be rough and inconsistent offense again. That's all I'm saying.

If Wilson gets 160 targets I guarantee Belichik will be worried about where he is every play, too

My concern with Wilson is the stone hands. Now this past year he was better but I am always hesitant when guys put things altogether in their walk years. A lot of times they revert back to their previous performance levels once they get that contract. I am hoping last year was an indication that his hands are getting better.

Of course, Landry should have many more TD's than Wilson due to the high number of targets he receives.

Wilson - 220 targets, 9 TD's, TD every 24.4 targets
Landry - 584 targets, 22 TD's, TD every 26.5 targets.

Looks pretty comparable to me with Wilson having a slight edge.

I don't think thats how that works though. It's not as simple as more target=more TD's.

The last 3 years Kenny Stills has had more TD's than Julio Jones, does that mean Stills>Jones? Hell no. That's like the Randy Ratio logic when Tice assumed more throws to Randy would automatically mean TD's/Wins, instead Randy caught 107 balls and only 7 TD's. Career high in targets/receptions, and to that point career low in TD's with 7 and catch avg with 12.7, because you can't just assume a player will give you the same results he gave you on a smaller sample size.

Julio Jones- 480 Targets, 17 TD's, TD every 28.2 targets
Kenny Stills 249 Targets, 18 TD's, TD every 13.8 targets

Come on bro. So nobody can talk about Landry anymore?

We talk about DOLPHINS players, staff and members on this forum.

Players and other organizations have another section on this website I believe.

If Wilson gets 160 targets I guarantee Belichik will be worried about where he is every play, too

You have to be good enough of a player to command that many targets in the first place.

Andy Reid never thought he was. No one on the Dolphins brain trust is smarter than Andy Reid. I promise you that.

You have to be good enough of a player to command that many targets in the first place.

Andy Reid never thought he was. No one on the Dolphins brain trust is smarter than Andy Reid. I promise you that.
or not enough other good players on the team which definitely wasn't a problem in KC

Of course, Landry should have many more TD's than Wilson due to the high number of targets he receives.

Wilson - 220 targets, 9 TD's, TD every 24.4 targets
Landry - 584 targets, 22 TD's, TD every 26.5 targets.

Looks pretty comparable to me with Wilson having a slight edge.

Get back to me after next season when Wilson finishes with 40 catches and two touchdowns then try again to tell me they are the same

I don't think thats how that works though. It's not as simple as more target=more TD's.

The last 3 years Kenny Stills has had more TD's than Julio Jones, does that mean Stills>Jones? Hell no. That's like the Randy Ratio logic when Tice assumed more throws to Randy would automatically mean TD's/Wins, instead Randy caught 107 balls and only 7 TD's. Career high in targets/receptions, and to that point career low in TD's with 7 and catch avg with 12.7, because you can't just assume a player will give you the same results he gave you on a smaller sample size.

Julio Jones- 480 Targets, 17 TD's, TD every 28.2 targets
Kenny Stills 249 Targets, 18 TD's, TD every 13.8 targets

Thank you finally someone with some sense

This is truth

Point being, one guy draws the assignment of the number 1 corner, and even double coverage in certain matchups, while the other is schemed open and gets the vast majority of his receptions against off coverage.

Albert Wilson cannot hold Jarvis Landry's jock strap.

Well yeah. ... it's all the way up in Cleveland.

Back
Top Bottom