Albert Wilson Back to his former Speedy Self? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Albert Wilson Back to his former Speedy Self?

I’m sorry but Wilson is always injured. Stats are garbage. There is nothing to talk about until this guy can stay on the field.
Where did this come from, he's only been injured one time, but it was bad and by the end of 2019 he was starting to look like himself again.

You lost me when you mentioned Preston Williams might not make the team. I will bet the mortgage he makes the team.
Maybe. Or maybe someone more reliable who hasn’t missed most of the past two seasons on IR will beat him out. Look, I like him if he’s healthy, although he has had inconsistent hands at times. There is a lot more talent now, and we have enough guys that have injury issues. You want to have some other guys on the roster you can count on that don’t have that history. So, we’ll see...

Where did this come from, he's only been injured one time, but it was bad and by the end of 2019 he was starting to look like himself again.
Dude, he’s played 16 games in 2 seasons. Out of 32. He’s literally missed half of both of his first two seasons on IR. And he has inconsistent hands which I assume he hasn’t had a ton of time to work on since he’s probably spent most of the past two off seasons rehabbing.

Dude, he’s played 16 games in 2 seasons. Out of 32. He’s literally missed half of both of his first two seasons on IR. And he has inconsistent hands which I assume he hasn’t had a ton of time to work on since he’s probably spent most of the past two off seasons rehabbing.
What you are describing is largely a lack of enough information... With Fuller, you have 5 years worth of missing at a quarter to a half of his starts per year. THAT is a scientifically significant amount of years in a sport where if you get 10 years, you are pretty good.

Williams had ONE football related injury. I'm sorry, but Christian Wilkins leaping his 340 pounds and landing DIRECTLY on Preston's foot is NOT a football related injury.

You are doing the EXACT same thing that anti-Tua people are doing. You are drawing too large of a conclusion from a limited amount of information.

What you are describing is largely a lack of enough information... With Fuller, you have 5 years worth of missing at a quarter to a half of his starts per year. THAT is a scientifically significant amount of years in a sport where if you get 10 years, you are pretty good.

Williams had ONE football related injury. I'm sorry, but Christian Wilkins leaping his 340 pounds and landing DIRECTLY on Preston's foot is NOT a football related injury.

You are doing the EXACT same thing that anti-Tua people are doing. You are drawing too large of a conclusion from a limited amount of information.
Numbers are numbers. He’s played 16 out of 32 games. Wilkins landing on his foot is a football related injury. That kind of thing happens all the time. And exactly as you said, with Fuller, Devante Parker’s injury history, even Albert Wilson, do we really want to have a dude who HAS NOT proven he is durable in two seasons? We’ll see, at the end of the day, this is one of the most competitive position groups on the roster along with the Oline. We’ll see how it shakes out, but the most important ability is reliability/availability which is directly related to durability.

I’m not saying he won’t make the team, but I am saying I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t because there is so much competition this year.

Absolutely agree with Wilson over Grant. My guess is if Grant makes the team, it solely as a special teamer. However, I really would rather see Grant's spot go to Foster or a different special teamer with position potential. I do trust Grier and Flores in the end will do what is best for the team.

Numbers are numbers. He’s played 16 out of 32 games. Wilkins landing on his foot is a football related injury. That kind of thing happens all the time. And exactly as you said, with Fuller, Devante Parker’s injury history, even Albert Wilson, do we really want to have a dude who HAS NOT proven he is durable in two seasons? We’ll see, at the end of the day, this is one of the most competitive position groups on the roster along with the Oline. We’ll see how it shakes out, but the most important ability is reliability/availability which is directly related to durability.

I’m not saying he won’t make the team, but I am saying I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t because there is so much competition this year.
Pfft...

No it isn't.

Wilkins would have broken anyone's foot like that.

Right now... my keeper six is

Fuller
Parker
Williams
Waddle
Bowden
Wilson

Perry to the Practice squad after week one (when Fuller is suspended).

The rest can go, with the possible exception of Merritt or Locksley to the PS.

I would take an eighth round supplemental pick for Grant and Hurns...
This is very likely what the tree shakes out! Hollis because of special teams maybe the only body.

Absolutely agree with Wilson over Grant. My guess is if Grant makes the team, it solely as a special teamer. However, I really would rather see Grant's spot go to Foster or a different special teamer with position potential. I do trust Grier and Flores in the end will do what is best for the team.

First, I've never been a Grant fan. Here is my trade-off (fabricated example). Would I rather have a top returner who scores one TD/yr or an average returner who scores 3 TDs a year by playing as a productive receiver. That is the danger Grant is in. But, Flo seems to like him.
As for Wilson, yes, I'd love to have the speedy wilson back, but, I also want a quick, shifty Wilson. If he can get separation, I can live with being a ten of a second slower

he was talking about albert wilson. not preston williams. this is the albert wilson thread.

From the report, Grant dropped any pass from Tua during the last day of OTA.

Pfft...

No it isn't.

Wilkins would have broken anyone's foot like that.
And Lawrence Taylor would’ve broken anyone’s knee like that. If football players crashing into each other or stepping on each other causing injury whilst playing football on a football field aren’t considered “football Injuries” then what are? Point is, he had a torn ACL he had to come back from and now he he’s a broken foot he has to come back from. 2 significant injuries that happened whilst he was playing football. How will he return and how will he hold up?

We don’t know.

he was talking about albert wilson. not preston williams. this is the albert wilson thread.
Nah dude, OP had a list of players he expected to make the roster and Preston Williams was one of them. I simply pointed out that I wouldn’t be so sure of that over Wilson, just because of his injury history if you go back to my original reply to the OP’s thread. Then it opened up all of these other posts on the subject of which you quoted one of the later ones. It;s all good though...

And yes, I know Albert Wilson has had injuries too, but PW hasn’t really had a chance to prove himself yet in that his only two seasons with us he only played in half of the games. That’s all I was saying is that I wouldn’t be so quick to guarantee him a roster spot with all of the competition at the WR position this year, that’s all...

Back
Top Bottom