Albert Wilson Back to his former Speedy Self? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Albert Wilson Back to his former Speedy Self?

And Lawrence Taylor would’ve broken anyone’s knee like that. If football players crashing into each other or stepping on each other causing injury whilst playing football on a football field aren’t considered “football Injuries” then what are? Point is, he had a torn ACL he had to come back from and now he he’s a broken foot he has to come back from. 2 significant injuries that happened whilst he was playing football. How will he return and how will he hold up?

We don’t know.
Stop it.

Wilkins jumped and landed on Preston's foot-- breaking it.

Such a reward for scoring a TD for his team, now you want to call Preston fragile because of this.

ROFL... sorry, but no.

Again, one football related injury in 2 years. Not yet an indicator that he is fragile like Fuller.

Stop it.

Wilkins jumped and landed on Preston's foot-- breaking it.

Such a reward for scoring a TD for his team, now you want to call Preston fragile because of this.

ROFL... sorry, but no.

Again, one football related injury in 2 years. Not yet an indicator that he is fragile like Fuller.
I never used the word fragile, I said he hasn’t demonstrated that he can be available for more than half of the season in both of the seasons he’s played with us, and that is true. It matters not how he was injured, sometimes bad luck is also a thing too. Hopefully he’ll come back from his foot injury and be fully recovered physically and mentally and not over compensate with the other foot which can lead to another injury.

Look, If he makes the roster and beats out the other players for a roster spot, than that would be great. He’s big and has tons of potential, all I was saying was I wouldn’t just automatically pencil him in yet at this stage of the offseason yet.

You cut a player because he's had bad luck in the past? Is this a belief in magic?

Myself... I think probability suggests that Wilkins will never again jump on Preston, so I think he is safe.

You cut a player because he's had bad luck in the past? Is this a belief in magic?

Myself... I think probability suggests that Wilkins will never again jump on Preston, so I think he is safe.
No dude, I’m saying it matters not what the cause of his injuries were. Truth is, PW is a player that has always had tantalizing potential, but he hasn’t really had a chance to live up to it yet. In fact, he also had some issues with his hands in his first season.

So, off of the ACL Lots of rehab not as much time to work on his craft. Then pandemic, and broken foot, once again, not enough time to work on his craft. Has missed 16 games which also would’ve yielded more experience That is much needed.

Now the question is, having missed so much, is this his last chance? What kind of pressure does that put on him? Is he going to be able to come back from two back to back season ending injuries with the confidence that is required to maintain his concentration so the drops he suffered from early in his career don’t come back? Is he going to favor one leg over the other opening up another potential injury possibilly, is there an increased chance?

Albert Wilson is back. So is Hurns, and Lynn Bowden is hungry and pretty nifty. There is a lot more competition, and all I’m saying is however he was injurred, all of the above the mentioned will have to be overcome by him and until he proves that, at this point, in June, I wouldn’t automatically pencil him in as a guaranteed roster spot. Isn’t that fair enough?

No dude, I’m saying it matters not what the cause of his injuries were. Truth is, PW is a player that has always had tantalizing potential, but he hasn’t really had a chance to live up to it yet. In fact, he also had some issues with his hands in his first season.

So, off of the ACL Lots of rehab not as much time to work on his craft. Then pandemic, and broken foot, once again, not enough time to work on his craft. Has missed 16 games which also would’ve yielded more experience That is much needed.

Now the question is, having missed so much, is this his last chance? What kind of pressure does that put on him? Is he going to be able to come back from two back to back season ending injuries with the confidence that is required to maintain his concentration so the drops he suffered from early in his career don’t come back? Is he going to favor one leg over the other opening up another potential injury possibilly, is there an increased chance?

Albert Wilson is back. So is Hurns, and Lynn Bowden is hungry and pretty nifty. There is a lot more competition, and all I’m saying is however he was injurred, all of the above the mentioned will have to be overcome by him and until he proves that, at this point, in June, I wouldn’t automatically pencil him in as a guaranteed roster spot. Isn’t that fair enough?
Yes, but he gets first crack at it for two reasons. One, he's cheap, and two, he was leading the team in TDs when Wilkins hurt him.

Nah dude, OP had a list of players he expected to make the roster and Preston Williams was one of them. I simply pointed out that I wouldn’t be so sure of that over Wilson, just because of his injury history if you go back to my original reply to the OP’s thread. Then it opened up all of these other posts on the subject of which you quoted one of the later ones. It;s all good though...

And yes, I know Albert Wilson has had injuries too, but PW hasn’t really had a chance to prove himself yet in that his only two seasons with us he only played in half of the games. That’s all I was saying is that I wouldn’t be so quick to guarantee him a roster spot with all of the competition at the WR position this year, that’s all...
occamrazor said this: "I’m sorry but Wilson is always injured. Stats are garbage. There is nothing to talk about until this guy can stay on the field."

MDFINFAN quoted that post, and said: "Where did this come from, he's only been injured one time, but it was bad and by the end of 2019 he was starting to look like himself again."

You quoted MDFINFAN, and said: "Dude, he’s played 16 games in 2 seasons. Out of 32. He’s literally missed half of both of his first two seasons on IR. And he has inconsistent hands which I assume he hasn’t had a ton of time to work on since he’s probably spent most of the past two off seasons rehabbing."

I was just pointing out that you replied with information about PW, when they were discussing Albert Wilson.

Dude.

Y'all are forgetting about Robert Foster.

This guy has talent, plays specials, has speed and size. He doesn't crack the top 5, but he was the first free agent brought in at WR this past year. He has some development potential to him, and this coaching staff is proving they can improve their players. They seem to have taken an understanding of player development possibly from the Miami Heat. They develop talent constantly, with a world class strength and conditioning program. The Dolphins seemed to have added an awareness level to that player development imho.

If he can be stashed on practice squad, that may be a great place for him, but he was a 5 star talent that had some college injuries that held him back. He started to rise in development with the Jill's, but then they went out and upgraded their receiving corps that pushed him back down and out.

Grant has heart and has toughness, but his $24M contract is too much for a 6th or 7th receiver, plus he fumbles, and passes bounce off his hands and pads. He is a KR/PR/depth WR he's too expensive in that role. I'm interested in seeing Albert Wilson, he seems to be like a hybrid WR/RB type, has real good speed and fights as well, but he's getting up there in age and is injury prone. Bowden is young, elusive and is a hybrid WR/QB/RB and can affectively be used in many gadget type offensive creative plays. We used a 3rd to get him, seems like we would definitely keep him a little longer, maybe he could sneak onto the practice squad, seems risky though. Preston Williams shows dominant flashes, but has about as much catch radius as Jakeem Grant for crying out loud, can't catch below his waste, seems to lack awareness, and is a below average route runner, but uses his size, strength and jumping ability very well. He also had a connection with Tua in ARI game, albeit in only one half before he was hurt by Christian Wilkins. CW should not be allowed to celebrate with any of our offensive guys during games anymore 😆. Mack Hollins has great size and speed, made some really big plays at WR, as well as on special teams. He reminds me of a faster version of Kaseem Osgood, that Chargers receiver who was an all pro special teams standout, the kind of guy you want at the bottom of depth chart, he is a better WR than that guy.

Who is going to round out the 5th, 6th and possibly 7th spot this year....if we go 7, that takes yet another RB, OL or TE spot. Gaskin, Ahmed, Brown Doaks seem like the 4 backs....Geisecki, Shaheen, Long, Carter...and ? Smythe? ...we don't have many spots, going to be interesting, really interesting cuts this year.

Back
Top Bottom