Albert Wilson Back to his former Speedy Self? | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Albert Wilson Back to his former Speedy Self?

Y'all are forgetting about Robert Foster.

This guy has talent, plays specials, has speed and size. He doesn't crack the top 5, but he was the first free agent brought in at WR this past year. He has some development potential to him, and this coaching staff is proving they can improve their players. They seem to have taken an understanding of player development possibly from the Miami Heat. They develop talent constantly, with a world class strength and conditioning program. The Dolphins seemed to have added an awareness level to that player development imho.

If he can be stashed on practice squad, that may be a great place for him, but he was a 5 star talent that had some college injuries that held him back. He started to rise in development with the Jill's, but then they went out and upgraded their receiving corps that pushed him back down and out.

Grant has heart and has toughness, but his $24M contract is too much for a 6th or 7th receiver, plus he fumbles, and passes bounce off his hands and pads. He is a KR/PR/depth WR he's too expensive in that role. I'm interested in seeing Albert Wilson, he seems to be like a hybrid WR/RB type, has real good speed and fights as well, but he's getting up there in age and is injury prone. Bowden is young, elusive and is a hybrid WR/QB/RB and can affectively be used in many gadget type offensive creative plays. We used a 3rd to get him, seems like we would definitely keep him a little longer, maybe he could sneak onto the practice squad, seems risky though. Preston Williams shows dominant flashes, but has about as much catch radius as Jakeem Grant for crying out loud, can't catch below his waste, seems to lack awareness, and is a below average route runner, but uses his size, strength and jumping ability very well. He also had a connection with Tua in ARI game, albeit in only one half before he was hurt by Christian Wilkins. CW should not be allowed to celebrate with any of our offensive guys during games anymore šŸ˜†. Mack Hollins has great size and speed, made some really big plays at WR, as well as on special teams. He reminds me of a faster version of Kaseem Osgood, that Chargers receiver who was an all pro special teams standout, the kind of guy you want at the bottom of depth chart, he is a better WR than that guy.

Who is going to round out the 5th, 6th and possibly 7th spot this year....if we go 7, that takes yet another RB, OL or TE spot. Gaskin, Ahmed, Brown Doaks seem like the 4 backs....Geisecki, Shaheen, Long, Carter...and ? Smythe? ...we don't have many spots, going to be interesting, really interesting cuts this year.
I think Foster is more likely to make the team as 6th man than Grant is. We only gave him 100K Guaranteed, which was the same amount we gave Hollins to sign, so one or both get cut, that money won't keep him on the team, but if we are committed to keeping a guy solely for returns, he could be the guy. He's cheap, and we could cut him on week 2 when Fuller comes back.

Foster is also a gunner on specials like Hollins. Those are very important guys to have. It takes special guys to be great at that position. Many guys try, but not many excel, especially as WR's.
I get it... he's good at that and you need your 6th man to be one of two things... an up and coming, future starter... or a guy who does several things on special teams. The guy who is a gunner AND a punt/kick returner has a leg up. The fact that his game is most similar to Fuller-- deep threat-- means he has a shot.

You mean like "surrender".....lol
I don't know if they showed the Carl's Jr (Hardee's outside of the west coast) commercial mocking the French with something along the lines of, "Don't be a big chicken; eat one," but it was hilarious.

Why are the streets in Paris lined with trees?

So the Germans can march in the shade

I don't know if they showed the Carl's Jr (Hardee's outside of the west coast) commercial mocking the French with something along the lines of, "Don't be a big chicken; eat one," but it was hilarious.

That's freakin hilarious......

French urinals - LOL

You cut a player because he's had bad luck in the past? Is this a belief in magic?

Myself... I think probability suggests that Wilkins will never again jump on Preston, so I think he is safe.
Can you imaging the private "conversation" Flo had with Wilkins about breaking Preston Williams foot? I would have loved to witness that. Perhaps it still haunts Wilkins nightmares. LOL!

Can you imaging the private "conversation" Flo had with Wilkins about breaking Preston Williams foot? I would have loved to witness that. Perhaps it still haunts Wilkins nightmares. LOL!
Yeah... they are careful to duck the question in interviews as well. LOL

I still think he injured the foot prior to Wilkins coming in, I think the extra weight with Wilkins made the injury more obvious, but the damage was already done in my opinion. You see players do what Wilkins did all the time and that's not usually enough to break your foot.

Back
Top Bottom