Albert Wilson Back to his former Speedy Self? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Albert Wilson Back to his former Speedy Self?

Link?

Not bustin on you, I'm interested in from where this statement came, and its context.
It's from Omar. I try not to link to him, but I won't hold out on u brother.

Source Link

"Albert Wilson looks like he’s gotten his speed back. A quick Wilson in the Dolphins offense is a scary proposition with Waddle, Will Fuller, Parker and Lynn Bowden in the mix."

Keep in mind that before Wilson suffered his hip injury in 2018 he was leading the NFL in yards produced after the catch."

Source Link

"During Friday’s practice Wilson could routinely be spotted making crisp cuts, stopping on a dime, and giving his defensive back enough change of direction to create an opening for the quarterback to throw his way.

If you didn’t know better, you’d think Wilson was the speedster the Dolphins had just drafted in the first round."

"But the way Wilson has looked so far in OTAs, he can no longer be viewed as an afterthought.

Especially if he continues to resembled the player he once was when the pads come on.
If that’s the case, and Wilson’s play demands attention, opportunity and targets when training camp heats up in August, the Dolphins could find themselves in a very enviable position from a playmaker standpoint."

Last edited:
Fuller
Waddle
Devante
Preston
Jakeem

To be honest, I don't even think Albert Wilson makes the team this year.
He said Jakeem Grant...

I'm outta here.

lebron james nba GIF by The Ringer

I wonder how many of them a team would dare to cover with a single DB. Parker and Williams I could see but they can win the 50/50 ball with size and high point ability. Waddle, Fuller, and Wilson are guys who demand you respect their speed. So I'm seeing big cushion or safety help. There aren't many LB'ers that can hang with Gesicki. Seems like something has to give if the OL can give Tua the time for deep crossing routes to develop.

I expect a lot of short passes. I want to see routes to Doaks and Brown plus Long and Shaheen with the intention of trucking CB's/DB's.

Demoralize with power and then with speed. Am I being too optimistic?

I wonder how many of them a team would dare to cover with a single DB. Parker and Williams I could see but they can win the 50/50 ball with size and high point ability. Waddle, Fuller, and Wilson are guys who demand you respect their speed. So I'm seeing big cushion or safety help. There aren't many LB'ers that can hang with Gesicki. Seems like something has to give if the OL can give Tua the time for deep crossing routes to develop.

I expect a lot of short passes. I want to see routes to Doaks and Brown plus Long and Shaheen with the intention of trucking CB's/DB's.

Pretty much how I see it too. Add in a focus on RPO and you have your short routes to speed recievers and easy reads to your RB.

Why does parker get so much negativity from Dolphin fans?

I'll never figure that out.

It's from Omar... Source Link

"Albert Wilson looks like he’s gotten his speed back. A quick Wilson in the Dolphins offense is a scary proposition with Waddle, Will Fuller, Parker and Lynn Bowden in the mix."

Keep in mind that before Wilson suffered his hip injury in 2018 he was leading the NFL in yards produced after the catch."

In the OP it was stated "Wilson says he going to be targeted more than people think".

I didn't see any reference to that. I guess I will just assume that never actually occurred.

The whole reason I asked, was because AW has never struck me as someone who would make such a remark.

Personally, I think he would be a valuable piece here, and that he is easily at least the #4 receiver, in terms of talent (speed/hands/route running).

Back
Top Bottom