Albert Wilson Back to his former Speedy Self? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Albert Wilson Back to his former Speedy Self?

If Wilson is 100% healthy, he’s better then grant, Bowden, Williams , hurns, etc. WR group of Parker, fuller, waddle and Wilson. That’s one hell of a wr grp if healthy.
I can't wait to see Tua with and empty back field choosing between Parker, Fuller, Waddle, Wilson or Gesicki

If Wilson is 100% healthy, he’s better then grant, Bowden, Williams , hurns, etc. WR group of Parker, fuller, waddle and Wilson. That’s one hell of a wr grp if healthy.
That's some serious, field stretching speed, for sure.

I do want to have some size at the position as well for RZ purposes, though MG mitigates that issue .

I can't wait to see Tua with and empty back field choosing between Parker, Fuller, Waddle, Wilson or Gesicki
If we're going empty sets, the line needs to be a lot better.

I like the idea.

If we're going empty sets, the line needs to be a lot better.

I like the idea.
I'm going into the season with confidence in:

Jackson Kindley Skura Hunt Eich

I believe year two for our Big3 will show marked development. Skura can anchor the line. I think Eich will do well enough out of the gate to make that line up potent.

People put to much credence in IQ tests. It really is nothing more then a reading comprehension test.

I know, I tested 146 in High School and was in the bottom 25% of my class, and that was with my holding back. We were told this test would identify areas we would do well in and I knew I was not going to allow myself to be categorized as an accountant or a clerk or a lawyer (rebelling against my dad). If any question looked like it favored any of those occupations I picked the most contrary answer possible.

A year later, dad had me tested by a private psychologist. He wasn't allowed to tell me the results but mumbled to himself that I was in the top 2% of every category. By my reckoning, that meant I was probably in the low to mid 150's which was typical for many in my family. Dad had scored a perfect score on the general testing that was done in by military prior to WWII. They made him take it two more times and he got 2 more perfect scores, So they sent him off to Officers Candidate school.

When I got out of the service, I went to work for IBM as a field service engineer. They used an honest to God intelligence test. It consisted of sixty questions, mostly on the order of "if 12" disc spins at 60 cps and a smaller, 3" disk, on the same axle is driving a belt, how fast is the belt going?". Well I tried my best and finished 59 of the 60 questions in the allotted time.

When I was done and they saw how many questions I answered, they started to look at me funny. The proctor asked the scorer how many I had missed (confirmation bias anyone - LOL). The scorer had the proctor go over to him so they could "discuss" my score. I always wondered why he just didn't say he missed two as opposed to requiring a discussion. I was then told I missed two questions, which made me pretty happy. For a while there I though I had gotten them all right and they would have thought I cheated. I was 20 years old and rather naïve. The proctor then questioned me about how I felt about the test. In my ignorance and naivete, I told him it was fairly easy except for one of the later problems where I spent 6 or 7 minutes trying to solve it. If it hadn't been for that problem I would have finished all 60 problems in the time allotted. They then asked me if I would like to try solving the last problem, just for fun, so I did and I solved it and they hired me.

Looking back at that test now I see things a little differently. I see a manager getting a impossibly high score back from a guy just out of the Marine Corps. There were probably no wrong answers but they didn't want me to know that. They suspected a fraud and decided by watching me finish the last and presumably the most difficult problem, they could justify "due diligence", so they gave me the last problem and watched me figure it out. They didn't see much because I worked it out in my head, but they questioned how I worked it out and I explained it to them to their satisfaction. They hired me on the spot.

Two years later I applied for an Electronics Technician (that is how I saw myself) at an electronic music company. they had all potential applicants go thru some testing done by the HR group. They had doubts about hiring me because my "IQ" test was too high. I had scored a 139 and they felt only an engineer would be able to do that (can you say confirmation bias, again - LOL). I did not learn that these IQ tests are scaled to age. The older you are when you take the test, the lower your assigned grade will be relative to the number of "correct answers you have given. They hired me anyway.

All this is just to support my view that "IQ" tests are different from intelligence tests in many ways. Don't out right ignore them, but recognize that they are primarily reading comprehension tests that have only a general relationship to "problem solving" intelligence.

Last edited by a moderator:
You get a "like" just for the "Scarlet Letter" reference.

Who says we are a bunch of uneducated ignoramus'

Ignoramuses?
Ignorami?

OK, maybe we are.......

What "Scarlet Letter" reference?
It's been 60 years since I read that story and I don't remember that reference - LOL

What "Scarlet Letter" reference?
It's been 60 years since I read the book and I don't remember that reference - LOL
"Get thee to a nunnery" is actually a Shakespeare line from Hamlet (speaking to Ophelia).

Was trying to be humorous and like in most cases, failed miserably.

"Get thee to a nunnery" is actually a Shakespeare line from Hamlet (speaking to Ophelia).

Was trying to be humorous and like in most cases, failed miserably.

Close enough for Government Work.

Do you work for the CDC? - LOL

No Waddle will. Saban trusted him to do it and he excelled at it.
I don't know if I would feel comfortable seeing him return KO and/or punts.

I would rather give up possible extra yards on Kickoffs and Punts, for the piece of mind that Waddle won't get killed returning kicks.

Back
Top Bottom