Albert Wilson Back to his former Speedy Self? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Albert Wilson Back to his former Speedy Self?

Honestly, I am glad we held onto Wilson. He’s never been a guy who can handle a full load for a full season, but he can get open and in a sudden way if we use him wisely. It felt touch and go on keeping him but I think he provides a skill set that will click with Tua’s skill set.

Honestly, I am glad we held onto Wilson. He’s never been a guy who can handle a full load for a full season, but he can get open and in a sudden way if we use him wisely. It felt touch and go on keeping him but I think he provides a skill set that will click with Tua’s skill set.
as your third or fourth (or fifth!) guy?

no brainer.

I like The idea of having 2018 pre injury Wilson on the team. Probably brings more value to the team then some of the other guys. There are 2 hurdles to overcome IMO:

1. Injuries Wilson has to get through camp unscathed or I think he’s a goner fair or not.
2. The WR depth typically plays specials and Wilson doesn’t. I agree with not letting specials make or break your WR depth but I’m not sure if the coaches agree.

Wilson is a curious case, I’m looking forward to seeing it shake out.

Parker
Fuller
Waddle
Williams
Wilson
Grant
Bowden

Perhaps but they like hollins for specials and remember Hurns got an in season extension in 2019. Bottom line is we’re gonna let some decent players go.

Last edited:
I like The idea of having 2018 pre injury Wilson on the team. Probably brings more value to the team then some of the other guys. There are 2 hurdles to overcome IMO:

1. Injuries Wilson has to get through camp unscathed or I think he’s a goner fair or not.
2. The WR depth tropically plays specials and Wilson doesn’t. I agree with not letting specials make or break your WR depth but I’m not sure if the coaches agree.

Wilson is a curious case, I’m looking dory to seeing it shake out.
Point 2 is true in northern latitudes as well.........

Food for thought. Practice squad rules are different now because of Covid. We can have two players with any amount of accrued seasons. There is a minimum salary but not a maximum as far as I know.

We could put Hurns on the practice squad. We pay him his 2.8 Mill. I doubt anyone poaches him and it is better for us if they do. If we cut him dead cap is 2.12 Mill with a savings of 767K. For 767K I think it is a worthwhile insurance policy.

We could start Williams on IR. Gives us some time to see if Bowden is going to develop, if Grant is that much better to warrant keeping as a returner, and gives us options if someone gets hurt. Used to be a player on IR missed 8 games. IIRC it was changed to only 3 games and you can bring back an unlimited amount of players.

Hurns, Williams, Grant, and Bowden are all guys that have either shown something in the past or are ones we think we can develop into something.

Dont forget Mack Hollins. Great gunner on ST, big target in the redzone, TE in certain packages. He could be the guy to make Smythe expendable.
I could also see Hurns beating out Bowden for a spot.

So far I have it as:

DVP
Fuller
Waddle
Wilson
Williams
Hurns
Grant
Hollins

8 seems like too many spots but Hollins could be WR/4th TE

as your third or fourth (or fifth!) guy?

no brainer.
Always like him. He was our sole speedster beside Grant two years ago, and he has better hand and better route running than Grant.

I don't feel the club should penalize him for sitting out during Covid. Its was personal choice., and we should respect that.

Dont forget Mack Hollins. Great gunner on ST, big target in the redzone, TE in certain packages. He could be the guy to make Smythe expendable.
I could also see Hurns beating out Bowden for a spot.

So far I have it as:

DVP
Fuller
Waddle
Wilson
Williams
Hurns
Grant
Hollins

8 seems like too many spots but Hollins could be WR/4th TE
Hollins is that guy right on the cusp for me. He is my #54 right now, last guy out

So nice to intelligent discussion for a change in the off season. I like Grant, Hollins, and Bowden competing for the last WR spot. I think barring injury Wilson makes it.

Back
Top Bottom