Albert Wilson Back to his former Speedy Self? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Albert Wilson Back to his former Speedy Self?

Right now... my keeper six is

Fuller
Parker
Williams
Waddle
Bowden
Wilson

Perry to the Practice squad after week one (when Fuller is suspended).

The rest can go, with the possible exception of Merritt or Locksley to the PS.

I would take an eighth round supplemental pick for Grant and Hurns...
I'd roll with that... :UP:

I’m sorry but Wilson is always injured. Stats are garbage. There is nothing to talk about until this guy can stay on the field.

I’m sorry but Wilson is always injured. Stats are garbage. There is nothing to talk about until this guy can stay on the field.
Wilson as the 6th receiver is the perfect role. He's not getting starter reps so hopefully that helps with the Injury issues.

I like The idea of having 2018 pre injury Wilson on the team. Probably brings more value to the team then some of the other guys. There are 2 hurdles to overcome IMO:

1. Injuries Wilson has to get through camp unscathed or I think he’s a goner fair or not.
2. The WR depth typically plays specials and Wilson doesn’t. I agree with not letting specials make or break your WR depth but I’m not sure if the coaches agree.

Wilson is a curious case, I’m looking forward to seeing it shake out.

Parker
Fuller
Waddle
Williams
Wilson
Grant
Bowden

Perhaps but they like hollins for specials and remember Hurns got an in season extension in 2019. Bottom line is we’re gonna let some decent players go.

What a great position to be as a team - having to let some good players go.

I like The idea of having 2018 pre injury Wilson on the team. Probably brings more value to the team then some of the other guys. There are 2 hurdles to overcome IMO:

1. Injuries Wilson has to get through camp unscathed or I think he’s a goner fair or not.
2. The WR depth typically plays specials and Wilson doesn’t. I agree with not letting specials make or break your WR depth but I’m not sure if the coaches agree.

Wilson is a curious case, I’m looking forward to seeing it shake out.

Parker
Fuller
Waddle
Williams
Wilson
Grant
Bowden

Perhaps but they like hollins for specials and remember Hurns got an in season extension in 2019. Bottom line is we’re gonna let some decent players go.
I like this group to start the season. I see us carrying 7 to start the season. I’m excited to hear that Wilson looks healthy. He can definitely make plays after the catch. And he has great hands. Even with the talent we have starting, he can help this offense. I am curious to know how Hurns looks. He could be the big body on the bench. I’m looking forward to seeing how this competition goes.

I feel like I’ve been hard on Williams. It’s probably because I’m tired of waiting on guys to develop and turn into something that never pans out. He looks clumsy with his feet at times. Throwing himself at the ball. He seems to lose sight of the ball if it’s thrown on his body. I think Bowden is the better prospect at the moment. Most good receivers make the catch look effortless. But I could be wrong. Williams could be a stud. I do see the potential. I see the value in him. I hope he comes in and makes it an easy decision to keep him. What worries me is that he doesn’t do that but he makes the team over someone more polished based on potential and doesn’t develop. We need depth at WR for sure.

grants stuck around for a reason, hes a hard working scrappy team first guy who provides good return skills, he should be the last receiver on the roster, not catching 60-80 balls a year...

my point about the opting out is one player wanted to go to battle with his teammates and the other took a year long vacation

wilson isnt significantly better than grant and hes injury prone, so i stick with the guy who had the heart and balls to suit up

im not all for grant either so dont get me wrong, im ok if we move on but if its between wilson and grant im sticking with the grant on his heart and return ability over wilson who was too scared to go to work and will only catch 20 balls and probably get hurt again anyway

I personally don't blame a single player who opted out. It shouldn't weigh into the decision at all.

The only thing that matters is who can do more to help the team this year.

Fuller
Waddle
Devante
Preston
Jakeem

To be honest, I don't even think Albert Wilson makes the team this year.
Williams is made of glass, he may not make the roster, and I’d take Wilson over Grant 7 days a week and twice on Sunday. Then there is Lynn Bowden who could really come on in his second year. It’s premature to make a list right now other than Fuller, Waddle, & Parker, I’d say the rest of the spots are a wide open competition.

Williams is made of glass, he may not make the roster, and I’d take Wilson over Grant 7 days a week and twice on Sunday. Then there is Lynn Bowden who could really come on in his second year. It’s premature to make a list right now other than Fuller, Waddle, & Parker, I’d say the rest of the spots are a wide open competition.

You lost me when you mentioned Preston Williams might not make the team. I will bet the mortgage he makes the team.

I think Bowden is a lock considering we gave up a pick to get him and he looked promising at the very least. I can't see him not making the roster.

I think it really comes down to how many we want to keep and whether they see value in keeping Grant as a designated return man who happens to be called a WR or not.

I think Bowden is a lock considering we gave up a pick to get him and he looked promising at the very least. I can't see him not making the roster.

I think it really comes down to how many we want to keep and whether they see value in keeping Grant as a designated return man who happens to be called a WR or not.
I think Bowden can take his spot on punt returns at least

Igbo can do kicks

Facts

Back
Top Bottom