Albert Wilson Breakdown From A Chiefs Fan | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Albert Wilson Breakdown From A Chiefs Fan

I think ill trust PFFs rankings over random message board guys from a team he just left.....

PFF has him in the top 35 receivers in the entire NFL for 2017.....way way ahead of guys like Parker and Stills, a bit behind Landry who was in the high teens...

There were over 100 qualifying receivers last year as well... I am trusting our team on this one, he had a very effective 2017 and is young and can improve more....

Wilson actually instantly becomes one of our highest rated players on the entire team...by a website that coaches and team personnel have lauded for its ability to rank players effectively without using only yards and touchdowns as proof.....

These players:
Josh Sitton (#5 guard, elite year)
Danny Amendola (#33 WR, top 3rd of all receivers, well above average year)
Juwuan James (#13 RT, above average year)

are the only players on the team who earned a better grade than Wilson last year.....I think he will earn his 8 million and it might end up looking cheap.

For those who are interested the next 3 highest rated players on our team last year were Kenyon Drake, Reshad Jones and Frank Gore

Juwuan James (#13 RT, above average year)

above avg year...He played in only 8 games
ridiculous not to take into consideration the games he missed

Maybe he was above avg in the limited 8 games he played
but I guarantee he wasn't above avg in the 8 games he missed

To rate a player #13th in all of the NFL
while missing half the season is idiotic at best

W the caveat that Landry seems to have a better catch radius and ability to adjust to - and fight for a contested ball. We’ll see how it shakes out - I think we get some things we didn’t have in Landry such as speed but lose some things such as toughness / physical abilities.
I agree. I am less a Landry fan than many but I believe he did have the rep of fighting for balls. If we lose that, maybe we can make up for it with extra yac and the occasional home run

His catch percentage improved in 2017 and he needs to keep that up and add more touchdowns to justify his new contract.

The analysis was spot on and reading some snippets from the Chief's Reddit fan page, you get the sense that Wilson is a poor man's Jarvis Landry.

His catch percentage improved in 2017 and he needs to keep that up and add more touchdowns to justify his new contract.

The analysis was spot on and reading some snippets from the Chief's Reddit fan page, you get the sense that Wilson is a poor man's Jarvis Landry.

Poor man's J.Landry means what exactly? Stated another way, if we feed him as much as we did J.Landry in comparison what does his production look like?

Poor man's J.Landry means what exactly? Stated another way, if we feed him as much as we did J.Landry in comparison what does his production look like?

According to this analysis and Chief fans, his route tree is more limited than what Landry gives. Taking that and his lower catch percentage into consideration, I'm not sure he gets open enough to feed him that many targets.
I'd generously project him to have 75 targets, 50 catches for 650 yards and 5 touchdowns in 2018.

I've watched quite a bit of Albert Wilson myself, and so when I see something like this I usually scan to see if the person is actually offering me something unique. The stuff I've seen above from "Chiefs fan" and such...not really.

I do appreciate this though.

I've watched quite a bit of Albert Wilson myself, and so when I see something like this I usually scan to see if the person is actually offering me something unique. The stuff I've seen above from "Chiefs fan" and such...not really.

I do appreciate this though.

I remember you doing the same about Pat White.

if those are his weaknesses, no problem. I don't think we're looking for him to go deep, nor am I worried about THill making too many throws where Wilson is going to have to adjust much. No, he's perfect for the "Landry" routes and I think better or as good as Landry after the catch. Play on!
I agree with you....

Safe to say neither Wilson or Amendola are as good as Landry, but both might be better suited for the role the Dolphins used Landry in. Amendola and Wilson can play the role while also letting other players and positions expand their roles in the passing game.

Back
Top Bottom