Albert Wilson needs the ball | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Albert Wilson needs the ball

I don’t think he looks quite the same as he did last year personally

Like Daytona said, he’s a gadget player mostly. A far better receiver than grant but it would be nice if they were both healthy and to keep one of the two (probably Wilson tbh)

Agree. I'm not certain he's back to full health. He'll get the off-season to show he's improved.
I don't like the 'gadget' angle. He can run routes and get open. Maybe not top 5, but with GVP, Williams, and Gesicki, he can be productive.
Out of the backfield? Nope. Sweeps and reverses, yes.

There are really two issues, IMO.

One is his contract. He makes too much as a gadget/role player. If he could double as a return guy or function as the primary slot receiver, it might be different.

The second is, can he stay healthy, to the point of being reliable?
Great point here- we didn’t look at the business side. Looks like 9-10mill hit with only 1.3 dead money.
He’s restructured or gone.

I'd let Wilson and Grant both go. There's at least 10 to 12 WR's in this coming draft that have at least 2nd round talent or above. All we need is one of them to go along with Parker and Williams and Hurns.

Agree. I'm not certain he's back to full health. He'll get the off-season to show he's improved.
I don't like the 'gadget' angle. He can run routes and get open. Maybe not top 5, but with GVP, Williams, and Gesicki, he can be productive.
Out of the backfield? Nope. Sweeps and reverses, yes.

When he's at or very near 100%, yes. To my eyes, he's looking more like 85% right now. Hard to tell, really. He doesn't seem as agile or explosive as I remember. Since they didn't cut him, do you think that means coaching staff thinks he'll get there?

Hurns lol

jag

but yeah 2 new pieces dump keem and Wilson. Wilson may get his explosiveness back in year 2 off the injury but he can find it someplace else.

should have never signed hurns either I can find that anywhere

I agree about Hurns but they gave him a freaking contract so I expect him to be here next year.

When he's at or very near 100%, yes. To my eyes, he's looking more like 85% right now. Hard to tell, really. He doesn't seem as agile or explosive as I remember. Since they didn't cut him, do you think that means coaching staff thinks he'll get there?

Speculation on my part . . . I'm more concerned about quickness than speed. It costs nothing to keep him til early next year. I'm guessing they'll reevaluate then.

Hurns lol

jag

but yeah 2 new pieces dump keem and Wilson. Wilson may get his explosiveness back in year 2 off the injury but he can find it someplace else.

should have never signed hurns either I can find that anywhere

I like Hurns and his deal is cheap. You can’t have a team of superstars

I'd let Wilson and Grant both go. There's at least 10 to 12 WR's in this coming draft that have at least 2nd round talent or above. All we need is one of them to go along with Parker and Williams and Hurns.

Agreed, Williams, Parker & Hurns is a capable starter group.

Throw in a round 3-4 draft pick and Ford rounding out the group and we seem set at WR.

I don’t think he looks quite the same as he did last year personally

Like Daytona said, he’s a gadget player mostly. A far better receiver than grant but it would be nice if they were both healthy and to keep one of the two (probably Wilson tbh)

He looked a little slower to me.

I agree Wilson should get more touches but Fitz's game really favors the deeper sideline options.

He looked a little slower to me.

I agree Wilson should get more touches but Fitz's game really favors the deeper sideline options.
I have no doubt that O'shea can scheme a guy open, but those plays take time to develop, as a rule. Fitz doesn't usually have time to wait with a vitually unabated pass rush in his face.

Back
Top Bottom