Albert Wilson not practicing today | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Albert Wilson not practicing today

He has missed games every season since he has been in the league. He missed games in this preseason. Sooo it 95 percent sure that he will not show up every game this season, so I would be prepared if I were Flores!
He did play well

Whether this kid can withstand a heavy workload for a season is an open question.

That was a bad injury and I'm not sure he was 100% healthy when they played him in that last preseason game. It's a shame cause he was playing so well last year before he went down but I agree that might never be 100% healthy again.

We have 3 50/50 ball players ( Parker, Williams, Gesicki) and everyone else can go underneath, including the backs. We should be a more vertical team passing wise than the out routes, sticks, etc. If theres no time for the deep ball Wilson, Grant on drags or Drake and Ballage in the flats.

btw, for those wondering what'd happen if we let him go before the 2020 season cap wise. We'd save $9.5 mill and the dead money hit would be $1,333.334 so really not bad if it came down to that. Be as it may, I believe we'll be looking for a WR no later than day two in the draft.

Why did Wilson choose not have surgery after he got hurt last season? Seems like he might be better off now if he did.

from rotoworld

Albert Wilson WR, Miami Dolphins

Albert Wilson (calf) is not practicing Wednesday.

Wilson played six snaps Week 1 against the Ravens before getting hurt. DeVante Parker, Allen Hurns, and Jakeem Grant led the way in snaps among Dolphins wideouts, with Preston Williams mixing in behind them. Williams should get more of a shot to unseat Hurns in the very near future.

Source: Cameron Wolfe on Twitter

Sep 11, 2019, 11:51 AM ET
Never understood why we paid him the contract that we did. He actually was quite surprisingly decent for us last year but his main issue throughout his career as you never can stay healthy so I feel like it was a bad contract just because of that. In reality is not a special player and we have some young guys we can look at now.

Well its a calf injury at the moment....

I've stated my bit about Wilson before, but I'll say it again.

I would doubt Wilson is ever the same as he was before the injury and I doubt he will be able to play football at a high level without recurring problems. I'm qualified to discuss this because I had the exact same injury over two years ago and it changed my life. A torn hip labrum is not extremely well understood just yet. For the layperson, there are surgical options (depending on severity) that can restore the functionality for everyday activity, and some can be rehabbed just by strengthening the areas around it to compensate it, which is what I did. But I haven't been able to play high level athletics since, which I'm fine with as long as I can hike and photograph. Surgery can sometimes do more harm than good, which is why I didn't have it, and there are many athletes who have had this injury and not been able to return to regular play (Isaiah Thomas, the one who played for the Cavs and Celtics in recent years, is a good example).

Wilson's injury is a "calf" right now, but that is because of the hip. For whatever reason, when the hip labrum is bad, it can cause problems on that entire side from pelvis down to the knee. Sometimes my glut ends up having tremendous pain. Sometimes I lose the ability to lift the weight of my right leg. This usually corresponds with the feeling of a fish hook or paper wedged into my muscle on the right side of my pelvis. At other times, it feels like someone poured concrete in the outside part of my hip joint.

I was hopeful that Wilson would recover since he was out there in preseason, but since he only lasted 6 snaps in an actual game, I've seen now what I need to know that Wilson won't be the same.

I think Minkah is confused and frustrated. He would be better off a free safety where he has good instinct. They want Bobby back there for whatever strange reason. It is hurting both.

As for Jones we would move him if we could. Just no market for him around the league.

Veteran safeties go cheaply; they always have. They don't make much and they don't have a lot of job security... paying one big bucks is nuts. Drafting them highly is a choice that most don't make.

from rotoworld

Albert Wilson WR, Miami Dolphins

Albert Wilson (calf) is not practicing Wednesday.

Wilson played six snaps Week 1 against the Ravens before getting hurt. DeVante Parker, Allen Hurns, and Jakeem Grant led the way in snaps among Dolphins wideouts, with Preston Williams mixing in behind them. Williams should get more of a shot to unseat Hurns in the very near future.

Source: Cameron Wolfe on Twitter

Sep 11, 2019, 11:51 AM ET
Can someone please get the man some Dolphin garb and take a fresh picture?

Veteran safeties go cheaply; they always have. They don't make much and they don't have a lot of job security... paying one big bucks is nuts. Drafting them highly is a choice that most don't make.
Agree. IMO same goes for DT. And what are the positions that we have drafted in the first round the last two years?

Again imo early first rounders should be QB, LT, Corners, WR or DE.

Agree. IMO same goes for DT. And what are the positions that we have drafted in the first round the last two years?

Again imo early first rounders should be QB, LT, Corners, WR or DE.
Agree. You need pass offense and pass defense so you built there first.

Back
Top Bottom