Albert Wilson Renegotiated his Contract | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Albert Wilson Renegotiated his Contract

I keep thinking about Clowney too. No way New England and Miami make a deal for Thuney at this point with what Miami invested in the position already. It would certainly be a good way to convince Wilson to take the cut and stay. "We're going to put this money to good use.." I doubt it went down that way but Clowney is still intriguing. They've clearly had interest in him so that has to be acknowledged.
Chill the beans on this clowney talk, he ain’t coming and we ain’t asking. He had his chance and turned us down, coach Flo don’t don’t chase.

I like Wilson, did seem to have a spurt near the end of the season. His last game against the Pats was flat out bad with the multiple drop passes. Also seemed deafly afraid of contact, but i still like him.

Not gonna happen. We made our moves in FA and draft. The line we have is it for this season, if there is a season.

I still think it's strange that folks think we are done. It's not like our offensive line is top half of the league. Maybe in upside.

If a player comes along in trade or their cost comes down in FA, teams are not just going to ignore that.

I was hoping for this to go down. Both sides win on the decision. Very rare to find players taking massive pay cuts to stay with a rebuilding team. The type of players you want in your locker room.

I was hoping for this to go down. Both sides win on the decision. Very rare to find players taking massive pay cuts to stay with a rebuilding team. The type of players you want in your locker room.
I do think he wants to be here, but I'm not going to pretend he had that many more lucrative options.

I want to know WHO is running the show!

Geez all this competency has me more than a tad worried!

Seriously concerned!

BNF
Gotta be Chan Gailey or someone else who might be competent on the offensive staff twisting Grier's arm to make it happen. WTF, maybe it was Rosen who insisted? :wink

I do think he wants to be here, but I'm not going to pretend he had that many more lucrative options.
He had no leverage, so he had to accept around where his market value might be right now.

But there aren't too many better situations for him to play on a contract year. He has no real competition for the slot role, and will likely be a top 3 option if healthy. What team could put him in a better spot to succeed?

This is just for 1 season. You assume that Tua is our QB this year, but I still think that we are rolling with Fitz in 2020. "The Beard" takes the hits while the O-line comes together and Tua waits, watches and learns how to be a professional and his body fully recovers.
If Albert Wilson is fully healthy, he is decent. I think that this renegotiation is a product of the Draft in that we just missed out on the prospect of drafting Brandon Aiyuk at #26 who was taken by the 49ers at #25 and then we immediately traded back to #30 and drafted a CB we really liked in Noah Igbinoghene. Albert Wilson coming back at the lower cost was essentially the backup plan for missing out on a WR with bigger upside, which now becomes a higher priority for the 2021 Draft.
Grier could have renegotiated this deal with Albert Wilson months ago, but waited until now. Why? Answer - because he wanted to see how things unfolded in the Draft and upgrading other positions like the O-line and the D-line were considered higher priorities than upgrading WR for 2020.

Impressive. You must have been in Grier's bedroom

boardroom and draftrooom at the same time!

I also like the way you answered your own question!

Pretty sneaky stuff!

In my opinion.

Of course!

BNF

Called this one a while ago. Makes all the sense in the world for both sides.

He could have turned down the pay cut. Whatever may have happened after that is ofcourse, anyone's guest. It's most definitely a Sign he wantsto play in miami.

Back
Top Bottom