Albert Wilson | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Albert Wilson

he is a very good receiver when healthy. Maybe working on contract restructure or trade after the draft. I don't think we cut him unless we draft a WR in the first 4 rounds.

We don’t need cap space right now, we have 50 mill. Also gives us flexibility later in the offseason, if players get cut or we make any trades. Plus FA WRs are getting pretty big deals Anderson just got 10 mill, Perriman got 8. I don’t think there is any FAs who would come in and upgrade the position. If we have a big time WR fall to us like Ruggs, Jeudy or Lamb at 18 and they are by far BPA then we could look to cut him and use the money to sign depth at positions of need

Albert Wilson is a good football player. Building a winning team is about acquiring and keeping talent. You don’t get better by saving cap space. Keep Albert Wilson.

Heard multiple reports that Albert is a terrific team first guy. Humble, great work ethic, etc. Interesting to note how often the undrafted guys have the good work ethic - probably because they've had to fight hard to survive in the NFL.

I noticed he was very active towards the end of the season. Most people in his situation would he been aggravated and likely check out mentally.

If we need the cap to make another move then yes it makes sense.

but if this is the difference between going into the season with 15 or 24 mil? I’d rather the 15 and Wilson.

(it all changes if we draft a WR before the end of day 2)

Wilson was still recovering from his hip injury for most of last season.He looked a lot better over the last few games of the season and while I hope they keep him on the roster for the 2020 season, I only hope they are able to restructure his contact.
It would be great if they could restructure his contract to extend him for three years for less dollars than he is set to earn yearly at this time.

Alright knock it off

Attack the thread title not other members unless you want to be banned from this discussion

He did start to play beter towards the end of the year which probably means he was getting healthier. I'm ok with keeping him but I'm also wanting to draft a WR from this very good and deep class.

It wouldn't bother me if we didn't draft a WR early. What I want to see is a top-shelf Ol next season. Big holes for our backs in the run game, and stout pass protection, We already have guys that can catch the ball.

No point now. They can cut him at any time, prior to week 1 of the regular season, to get that relief if needed be.
Bring him to camp, see how he does, and decide then.

now that would be pretty dirty af. Fire a guy the week before he’s supposed to start playing when rosters are mostly set.

We are not hurting for cap space this year....no need to cut.

Back
Top Bottom