Albert Wilson | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Albert Wilson

I would keep Wilson. If healthy he is worth the money.

Think about Parker, Williams, Wilson, Grant. They are our starters but all have an injury history of missing multiple games. Williams coming off ACL may not be ready at beginning of the year. I think we will draft at least 1 WR by the 4th round. Maybe 2 WRs. In order to release Wilson the draft would need to provide a quality WR with yards after catch capability like him. I would let Wilson play out this year if healthy during training camp and ready to play from the first game.

now that would be pretty dirty af. Fire a guy the week before he’s supposed to start playing when rosters are mostly set.

Yea, IMO if they don't think they'll keep him I would think they would do him a favor and cut him prior to the deadline. But it is the NFL, which is a cut throat job for a lot of people.
But players have to have a feeling going into their last year of their deal that their job security isn't that secure if they aren't a set starter.

It is funny how we’ve forgotten how good Wilson was pre injury. He should be 100 % now. I see no reason to cut Wilson unless the money is needed for a better FA. Trent Williams comes to mind.

Simple we don’t need to yet he can be cut almost any time for the same cap savings

No need to cut now. No point in cutting now. But he won't be on this roster at his current cap figure. At an appropriate time, they'll approach him about a restructure that gives him an extra year or two at a much lower AAV. Something like $12M over 3 years with most of his 2020 salary guaranteed and a good roster bonus or salary guarantee if he's on the roster 9/1/21. If he doesn't take that, we free up our cap space.

Why haven't we cut him? Frees up 9.5 mil
Why cut Wilson, when he's healthy he's dynamic. I don't get why people would want to get rid of dynamic players.. It doesn't make sense. 2 years ago when he was balling everyone was on his jock..The last 5 games of last year he started looking like that player again..stop with wanting to lose more good players.

Why cut Wilson, when he's healthy he's dynamic. I don't get why people would want to get rid of dynamic players.. It doesn't make sense. 2 years ago when he was balling everyone was on his jock..The last 5 games of last year he started looking like that player again..stop with wanting to lose more good players.
I agree we should keep him, but his last 5 games were hardly dynamic, his stats were:
5 for 32, 1 for 5, 5 for 59, 7 for 79, 5 for 59

No need to cut now. No point in cutting now. But he won't be on this roster at his current cap figure. At an appropriate time, they'll approach him about a restructure that gives him an extra year or two at a much lower AAV. Something like $12M over 3 years with most of his 2020 salary guaranteed and a good roster bonus or salary guarantee if he's on the roster 9/1/21. If he doesn't take that, we free up our cap space.

This salary is way low for today's salary cap. If Wilson is healthy, he'll get 8-10 per year easily. If he thinks he is all the way back, he'll bet on himself and get more than this. If he's healthy, he should make what Jarvis Landry does.

This salary is way low for today's salary cap. If Wilson is healthy, he'll get 8-10 per year easily. If he thinks he is all the way back, he'll bet on himself and get more than this. If he's healthy, he should make what Jarvis Landry does.
Honestly, I think you are overstating his value. His injury history will affect his worth, as well.

He is not evem a solid #2.

As far as Landry, he is overpaid, IMO. He is not a #1 reciever. He is a great slot, no more than that.

Every time the salary cap jumps, so do the averages within contracts. Sure... I think Landry is overpaid too... but he's set the slot market price.

Other players will try to match it. If Wilson bets on himself... and then plays back to pre injury form, he will cash in.

I figure 3 years 25 million minimum. (Landry makes 12 per).

Now... If he's NOT 100%, he'll sign a cheap extension like the other poster suggested.

Wait until the draft, IMO.

I'd keep him if he's healthy, but he's expendable in the event that we draft a receiver on day 1 or 2.

Before Albert Wilson was injured midseason of 2018 he led the league in run after catch and no other receiver was anywhere even close to his stats.

On top of that, Wilson is lethal out of the backfield as a RB, and is even a weapon as a passer.

Only a complete idiot would cut a healthy Albert Wilson.....now, Grier is a complete idiot, but I don't think that even he.....is that stupid.

Before Albert Wilson was injured midseason of 2018 he led the league in run after catch and no other receiver was anywhere even close to his stats.

On top of that, Wilson is lethal out of the backfield as a RB, and is even a weapon as a passer.

Only a complete idiot would cut a healthy Albert Wilson.....now, Grier is a complete idiot, but I don't think that even he.....is that stupid.

If he were a free agent on the market right now would you offer him a 1 or 2 year deal worth $10 million per year? If the answer is no wouldn't that suggest you believe he's currently overpaid for what he brings to the table? I'm ok with him staying, but if it were up to me that would only happen if the two sides reached a restructured deal. If he leaves you can replace with a 2nd, 3rd or 4th round pick from this deep receiver pool.

15 games missed vs. 14 starts in last 3 seasons. Never had a 555-yard receiving season. If another team wants to give him that after 2 mediocre years on that money, good luck to them.

As I said... after he establishes that he is healthy and bets on himself. One healthy season and then he cashes in.

Back
Top Bottom