Alex Barron @ #7 and Shawn Merriman @ #18??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Barron @ #7 and Shawn Merriman @ #18???

nighttrain76

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
If we can trade down with Minn this would be a great first round!!!! What do you all think? We pick up a left tackle, a LB for the 3-4 defense and some youth.

There's no way in hell Merriman is there at 18.

I think Barron is to risky for my taste and really didnt impress me when I saw him play. Im hopeing Benson and Mike Williams falls, and in my eyes, we draft one of the above. For the 18...we have youth at lb already. The only way I would draft a lb at 18 is somehow, DJ dropped wayyy down. Hey you never know. Its the draft. Anything can happen.

i feel if it's offense with our first pick, it won't be on the o-line

FuturePhin said:
I think Barron is to risky for my taste and really didnt impress me when I saw him play. Im hopeing Benson and Mike Williams falls, and in my eyes, we draft one of the above. For the 18...we have youth at lb already. The only way I would draft a lb at 18 is somehow, DJ dropped wayyy down. Hey you never know. Its the draft. Anything can happen.
i agree with everything you said except for the fact that we have youth at lb, yes we do have some younger backup type lbs but we need some young starter quality lbs so they can learn from two of the greatest linebackers that ever played in thomas and seau

We would have a much better chance of Merriman at 8 and Barron at 17. Merriman will not slip past 12 on Sunday, many teams are chomping at the bit to move up and get this guy. GreenMonster

jnewmant said:
i agree with everything you said except for the fact that we have youth at lb, yes we do have some younger backup type lbs but we need some young starter quality lbs so they can learn from two of the greatest linebackers that ever played in thomas and seau

Very true. I was saying a while back that I was tired of just "ok" lb's We have youth but not greatness like you said.. So I agree 100% with you. Now I really hope we can get DJ in this draft at 18, and if we have to, move up a little bit to get him.

FuturePhin said:
Very true. I was saying a while back that I was tired of just "ok" lb's We have youth but not greatness like you said.. So I agree 100% with you. Now I really hope we can get DJ in this draft at 18, and if we have to, move up a little bit to get him.
i don't know i think i'd take merriman before i took dj for many reasons but one of my main sticking points is that merriman has the sheer size and he would have the ability to play in a 3.4 type system, which is what i feel we are going to eventually shape our defense into

aren't we obligated not to draft a LT?

Anyhow, I'd rather get the QB that falls, the best RB at the time, or Mike Williams at 7.

... and then, with the 18th we should go Travis Johnson, Spears, Troy Williamson (if we don't get WR with the first pick), Thomas Davis, or Erasmus James.

bakedmatt said:

Anyhow, I'd rather get the QB that falls, the best RB at the time, or Mike Williams at 7.

... and then, with the 18th we should go Travis Johnson, Spears, Troy Williamson (if we don't get WR with the first pick), Thomas Davis, or Erasmus James.
We need playmakers on offense, inject some youth and talent, up the scoring. We won't win much next year by relying entirely on the defense; that's Wannyball.

bakedmatt said:

i don't think so i'm pretty sure mcdougal can play LT or somebody is, really and truly i'm not really satisfied with the LT's in this years draft it seems week with offensive line talent altogether

jnewmant said:
i don't know i think i'd take merriman before i took dj for many reasons but one of my main sticking points is that merriman has the sheer size and he would have the ability to play in a 3.4 type system, which is what i feel we are going to eventually shape our defense into

DJ is 6-4 and has added 10 pds of muscle which shot him up to 240 if I remember correctly. Thats size! He also hasnt lost any speed by gaining that muscle either. Either lb would work. It all depends on who gets the hype in the draft. Hopefully one falls....

Back
Top Bottom