Alex Barron on ESPN right now | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Barron on ESPN right now

FSU plays an offensive line set where one side is split and one side is tight. They flip flop the sides based on the set. Barron is the split tackle in their scheme, so he goes to whatever side the split side is.

Yeah. The split side is almost always the weakside. The left tackle is pretty analagous to the weak side. Left Tackles usually don't have tight ends on their side, but it does happen at times.

Just stareted watching a lil bit ago....hows he looked?

Any new news? Who does he remind you of, for those who are watching....

mr.webb ??????

FuturePhin said:
Any new news? Who does he remind you of, for those who are watching....
Richmond webb ????? .....just a bit .

I only saw about 1/4 of the game. He looked ok. #91 was giving him some trouble from what I saw. Got him with an inside swim move one time. A few others, 91 got inside position on him as well. Basically, every time I saw Barron "not win", the guy got him inside or was making a bit of progress with the bullrush.

Again, I certainly didn't see much. But from that very little bit, I wasn't overly impressed.

Muck said:
I only saw about 1/4 of the game. He looked ok. #91 was giving him some trouble from what I saw. Got him with an inside swim move one time. A few others, 91 got inside position on him as well. Basically, every time I saw Barron "not win", the guy got him inside or was making a bit of progress with the bullrush.

Again, I certainly didn't see much. But from that very little bit, I wasn't overly impressed.

Sounds like a bigger Wade Smith :shakeno: . Doesnt sound like he's worth of top 5 worthness either. This draft is really not star studded.

I'm an FSU fan so I watch Barron every week.
Yes...he's a little overrated.
However, he didn't get 1st-team all-american last year for no reason.
He's awesome...not top 5, but awesome none the less.
If we could fall into Barron later in the first round (however thats possible) or some other way, that would be great.

The holier-then-thou sportswriter have annointed Barron the next Walter Jones. I think hes the next Tra Thomas myself.

If he falls down to mid-first round I would definitely draft him(and get some more picks)

Back
Top Bottom