Alex Mack highlight reel | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Mack highlight reel

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I came accross this a few weeks ago on youtube, and it's on a different thread right now. Mack isn't the most agile dude in the world or the best pass blocker, and he looks downright awkward at times. But what he is is a straight up mauler with size, strength, intensity, and intelligence. Here's the proof, and boy could we use a guy like this in the pivot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8xCkToEnJ8

The first block in the video was definitely a hold. Look at his hands the right one is grabbing the jersey and pads. The other blocks look good though especially when he took out three dudes.

I like how he keeps driving the guys even after the initial block contact. Some guys make the initial block and stop. It was hard to see if the initial block was a hold as I couldn't see where his hands were at but it looked like he was using his arms all over the Minny Golden Gopher's guy.....sometimes you get away with that.

I like how he keeps driving the guys even after the initial block contact. Some guys make the initial block and stop. It was hard to see if the initial block was a hold as I couldn't see where his hands were at but it looked like he was using his arms all over the Minny Golden Gopher's guy.....sometimes you get away with that.
It's plain as day if you look his right hand goes into the front of the jersey/pads and he pulled him back/down by it. Textbook holding.

i thought mack handled himself very well with raji over center 2day. i like mack a lot and i think he'd look great in a phins uni.

raji looks like he's not a nosr to me at the next level. more a penetrating tackle to me. short arms. brace looks like the nose to look at a little later in the draft. he bulled his man back into the pocket and anchored pretty well.

California C Alex Mack was reportedly the only lineman who could contain Boston College DT B.J. Raji on the first day of Senior Bowl practices.
Mack, who could probably play any line position except left tackle at 6'4/312, picked up Raji in one drill and drove him backwards off the football. Mack was allegedly more impressive than fellow highly touted C Max Unger of Oregon.

http://www.rotoworld.com/

I think Mack is exactly what the Fins need. Forget about spending big money on a guy like Jason Brown, draft Alex Mack. Oline two year straight is the way to build a monster line.

He needs better balance if he is going to excel in the NFL. He falls down way too much.

he falls down to much because he dosnt keep his feet under him looks like he lunges at block more then he drives threw the block. bad habit to pick up

Back
Top Bottom