Alex Marvez Is Hearing Richard To Miami

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Tiko377, Jan 9, 2019.

1. rev kev

rev kev THE DEFLATOR

Me thinks we need to hire an Oline Master as HC lol

Time to tank and rehire in 3 years

So long as they don’t bring in Rex Ryan and his bro I don’t care at this point

2. Eesti

Eesti Rookie Finheaven VIP

I hope he brings the 4-3 under defense that Pete Carroll ran in Seattle. We'll need to get an "under tackle" who can two-gap. That would likely mean the end for Cam Wake unless they can use him as the LEO/weak side rusher. We would also need a more athletic SLB who can rush the passer.

Taylor and Godchaux as the 5 tech & 3 tech?

TraderJoe and BigNastyFish like this.
  3. LOLPhins

LOLPhins Active Member

I think that’s more of a factor of following trends than anything else. Every team has a boner for young offensive coaches so anyone on the defensive side automatically takes a backseat right now. Richard would have gotten much more attention otherwise, in my opinion.

Avigatorx and DolfinJohnNY like this.
  4. napsndreds

napsndreds A True Fan

We just need someone with a vision of what they want to play like. What identity do we wanna have. And draft as such...we haven't been doing that. Draft 2 tight ends in the 2nd and 4th and barely use em..1 is soft. Smh

5. napsndreds

napsndreds A True Fan

I agree. Which is why OC is going to be very important

6. PAphins

PAphins FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Considered his and Ross’ relationship had become toxic beyond repair, yes.

7. PAphins

Well if his make up is to play second fiddle because he’s too afraid to fail as a HC, I don’t want him anyway.

djphinfan likes this.
  8. LOLPhins

LOLPhins Active Member

Agreed. I think Richard and a competent OC is definitely an upgrade. I had long grown tired of Gase’s playcalling but the way he started acting down the stretch this season, I don’t see how it could have continued and went anywhere positive.

PAphins likes this.
  9. PAphins

Absolutely not a chance. Jerry already said he’s extending Dak, Dak LOVES Garrett.

Jones is crazy, but not crazy enough to fire the coach that took the division out from underneath the reigning super bowl champions, then won a playoff game; quite handily.

I think people are going to be surprised this weekend. The Rams passing attack hasn’t really recovered from the loss of Kupp and Dallas has a MEAN rush defense.

10. DolfinJohnNY

DolfinJohnNY Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have the sinking feeling that Dallas is going to pull the upset. :bang:

11. Dolphins81

Dolphins81 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Rex would be an upgrade over Gasy. The Dolphins got worse during his 3 years.

artdnj likes this.
  12. OrangeBowl

OrangeBowl Active Member

HUGE upgrade.

Gase was all hype with with nothing but "ok peyton!! Lets run that play" in his arsenal. He developed no one, in denver he fed off pro bowlers already in place in denver. Inherited peyton mannings offense that he rannfor 20 years from his 1st year in the nfl. Was meh in chicago (but his replacement sure isnt!!) and did nothing but make excuses from behind his low brow cap on the maddening mistakes and decisions he made in miami.

Richards has real chops, no hype and a TRUE future. And that has zero to do with miami fans, or peyton manning and HIS offense or bogus whispering.

BigNastyFish likes this.
  13. artdnj

artdnj Time is Now Finheaven VIP

I'd take almost anyone including a big question mark over gase. I don't have seller's remorse over him leaving because he has done nothing since he's been here in fact we got worse. I won't miss one thing about his coaching Style and look forward to whatever the next guy can do and if he does nothing I still won't be bitter about gase leaving. Good luck to the Jets and Sam having to work with that numbskull with a large ego and nothing to back it up. Feel sorry for any of their current studs who butt heads with gase because you'll be shown the door. Maybe we can scoop them up like other teams did to us.

14. Eesti

Eesti Rookie Finheaven VIP

I have no idea how any of the finalist would do as a HC or who they could bring in as coordinators but I'm hoping for someone with some fire. Tired of these statues on the sideline (Philbin, Gase). Rizzi would be fun to watch and Richard is probably right there with him.

I grew tired of Gase's lack of involvement with the defense. If you look at Bill B during games he is all over the place, making adjustments to various position groups. Has his hands in everything. Gase was a glorified passing game coordinator.

BigNastyFish likes this.