Alex Marvez Is Hearing Richard To Miami | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Marvez Is Hearing Richard To Miami

We had less than 30 minutes with him and he's our number 1 choice? If that's the case than he was the leading candidate probably because of the Pete Carroll connection from the start.

It was the first interview. A meet and greet thing.

They will definitely do an exhaustive interview before deciding on a candidate. While I'm personally a little bit skeptical of making up your mind on a candidate and THEN going into an 8 hour interview, that's where we are now.

From what I understand Grier keeps close contact with Carroll, so before Kris Richard is invited to interview I'm sure he has been vetted by newly powerful Chris Grier. I'm sure Grier is satisfied with what happened, why it happened, and what has transpired since then due to his close ties with Pete Carroll, the man who fired Kris Richard. While I have no idea what that story is … I'm confident that Chris Grier does and is comfortable with it.

Think back to the Laremy Tunsil draft, everyone panicked, but we confidently and calmly drafted him, noting that we were well aware of all of the circumstances, had done our due diligence, and were glad he was available and comfortable with the pick. The Dolphins have been dysfunctional in a number of ways … including hiring an OL coach with a drug and prostitution habit, who used drugs within the facilities. My guess is that we are more thoroughly vetting our coaching candidates after that, just like we do with our players. This is why I never seriously considered Eric Bienemy as a real contender. Whatever happened between Pete Carroll and Kris Richard, I'm confident that Carroll recommended Richard to Grier. Otherwise it is doubtful that we would have been so quickly enamored by him.

How he is as a football CEO, we'll have to wait and see. I'm hoping against hope that he has no intention of bringing in Darrell Bevel in as our OC. I do not want Bevel anywhere near any new QB we get in the next few years.

Last edited:
I truly detest the decision to retain a big part of the overall problem in Miami for years in Chris Grier running the team and am not a fan of any of the candidates overall although Fangio was a worthy choice for a head coaching job based on his record.
At this point of the people we are looking at I am quite fine with taking a chance on Kris Richard and support him for the job, I want no part of Rizzi since we seem to be the only team interested in looking at him as a head coach. I do not buy that somehow we are so much smarter than the rest of the league based on our track record. if we are going to hire a guy with special teams background than Dave Toub is more qualified than Rizzi.

Harbaugh hasn't signed an extension yet.....just saying.

would be much happier about this than a Belichick minion.

Absolutely agree. However........,

I firmly believe that Flores is the choice and has been all along. The finz are just going through the motions. If we cant land either of these guys than rizzi (who i am all for) would be named h/c and the ross machine would go into soviet style media manipulation with "in the end we felt darrin was our best choice being here, knowing players, staff, etc..... . He is truly the best candidate that was in play and were glad he is here".

And all that said is true outside of them ever wanting rizzi as h/c. If this should happen and ALL the coaches declining miami (i think that would be a 1st time in the nfl h/c search) look for the nfl brass to push ross on selling the team, as they should. This is a storied, winning franchise that has been run into the ground from GROSS ineptitude from bad owner to bad drafting, bad contracts, racial issues, bully gate, etc..... .

The finz have been a flagship club for the for 4 decades and bringing top revenue from tv, tickets and merchandice and now reduced to a circus so laughable guys passed over for the prize nfl job wont even interview. And until something changes there is no end in site. Should richards and flores both decide against the job, we wont be anything but history until ross sells the team and that would probably come only from a big push from the nfl.

Looks like it will be Richard, Flores, or Rizzi. Unless a mystery candidate pops up. Miami will offer Richard as soon as this weekend if Dallas loses to the Rams. The dots seem to connect to him being the #1 choice. If for some reason he says no then Miami will move on to Flores. New England will probably win this weekend so if that happens Miami can't interview him again until after the AFC Championship game. So Miami will have to be patient. If for some reason Flores says no then Rizzi will be their 3rd option. We know he will accept.

Richard or Flores will bring an experienced OC and their DC will probably be a position coach that they will elevate to DC. They will want their stamp on the defense so most likely they wouldn't bring in a Bowles, Williams, type experieced coordinator. Rizzi will try to bring the most experienced coordinators he can as he will not have to be overseer of either side of the ball but will be more of a CEO and allow his coordinators to do their thing.

I have no sources just my random thoughts after reading all that's out there.

Back
Top Bottom