Alex Marvez Is Hearing Richard To Miami | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Marvez Is Hearing Richard To Miami

I think Rod Marinelli retires and Kris Richard is promoted to DC.

All Jones would have to do is give him a promotion, a huge raise and promise him the head coaching job there when Garrett leaves. I guarantee that's what Jones does if he really wants to keep him that much. Hopefully Richard won't take it if offered though.
that sounds like something jerry jones would do question is would he rather be a head coach or a dc? guess we'll find out.

I think Rod Marinelli retires and Kris Richard is promoted to DC.
That is a very realistic possibility. But then again, Head Coach is a rare job. It's one which seldom comes along and in the fickle NFL, may not ever come again, even if you do a good job. Heck, Vic Fangio just now got a shot, and he's been lights-out great for decades. Bruce Arians only got his shot because the head coach had a freak medical condition, and he was in his 60's. Arians was good for a long time, proved to be a good head coach, and he was lucky to ever get a shot at all. Honestly, if the Broncos hadn't tapped Fangio, he's likely to have never gotten a shot either.

Almost every NFL coaching job that opens up is because the team is bad. As a coach, you're lucky to have any opportunity whatsoever. When the opportunity is presented to you … its darn hard to say no. Adam Gase said no, and waited for what he saw as the ideal opportunity, when he could bring in his guy, Vance Joseph, as his DC. He got that chance, we won 10 games and went to the playoffs. The very next year, we went QB-less and were horrible. This year we were poor. Now Adam Gase, with two subpar years and very extenuating circumstances, is lucky to get another offer. This is the guy who not long ago was THE #1 hottest prospect in the NFL.

It's going to be very hard for Kris Richard to turn down the only head coaching job he is offered in 2019. Money and a promotion is unlikely to change his decision, IMHO. If Jerry offered him the head coaching duties, he would be seen as disloyal, stealing his boss' job. But, a fresh opportunity with a team that has good young defensive talent, allows him to make his mark on that defense, prove he is a good head coach, and build a life in sunny Florida. Not a bad opportunity when you stack it against some of the other teams in the NFL.

All Jones would have to do is give him a promotion, a huge raise and promise him the head coaching job there when Garrett leaves. I guarantee that's what Jones does if he really wants to keep him that much. Hopefully Richard won't take it if offered though.

So he has to wait for Garrett to get fired (being he’s only 52), all while working very hard to make the team successful, thus delaying that possibility?

Jerruh knows full well he can’t promise that job to him even in 5 years, JG won the division the last 2 of 3 years and is cruising on a playoff win.

Idk, that seems silly to me. I’m not sure anyone would, or could, sit idly by in a coordinator’s role knowing the years that he could’ve been a HC are rolling by.

So he has to wait for Garrett to get fired (being he’s only 52), all while working very hard to make the team successful, thus delaying that possibility?

Jerruh knows full well he can’t promise that job to him even in 5 years, JG won the division the last 2 of 3 years and is cruising on a playoff win.

Idk, that seems silly to me. I’m not sure anyone would, or could, sit idly by in a coordinator’s role knowing the years that he could’ve been a HC are rolling by.
If you have the wrong make up you do..

Digital, I think you make excellent points, but I feel one piece of information should be emphasized: We're talking about the Dallas Cowboys.

If Kris Richard is offered the head coaching job of the Dallas Cowboys, that is the head coaching job of the Dallas Cowboys. If the Cowboys get run out of the building in Los Angeles, Jerry may decide to fire Jason Garrett, a guy who has been on the hot seat for a while now. If Jason Garrett gets canned and Jerry offers the ring to Kris Richard, why on Earth would he choose Miami over the Dallas freaking Cowboys? He knows the team, he knows the personnel, he's got more to work with, it's a team that just won a dang playoff game... and it's the Dallas Cowboys. America's team. The most talked about football team in America. Or the Miami Dolphins, a franchise that has fallen into ruin and that nobody cares about except when it's time to poke fun at the losers.

I don't like the Cowboys, but that's the truth. I can't escape it.

If it's true that Dallas is willing to give him a promotion and make him their DC in order to keep him, would he really choose that over being a head coach?

Guess it could happen, cause, you know, Dolphins. These next few days will be interesting.

Of course Head Coach is big deal over DC...

I had a feeling this was gonna be the pick...Get Richard...then go get his quarterback this year...We can finish building from there

He would likely have to pay him more than he's paying Jason which would be a bad look. A promotion to DC with a promise or a promotion to HC? I take HC now but I'm being selfish.

Digital, I think you make excellent points, but I feel one piece of information should be emphasized: We're talking about the Dallas Cowboys.

If Kris Richard is offered the head coaching job of the Dallas Cowboys, that is the head coaching job of the Dallas Cowboys. If the Cowboys get run out of the building in Los Angeles, Jerry may decide to fire Jason Garrett, a guy who has been on the hot seat for a while now. If Jason Garrett gets canned and Jerry offers the ring to Kris Richard, why on Earth would he choose Miami over the Dallas freaking Cowboys? He knows the team, he knows the personnel, he's got more to work with, it's a team that just won a dang playoff game... and it's the Dallas Cowboys. America's team. The most talked about football team in America. Or the Miami Dolphins, a franchise that has fallen into ruin and that nobody cares about except when it's time to poke fun at the losers.

I dont see Dallas doing this TBH, truth is Richard isnt that great of a candidate to begin with. He's everyone favorite up in here but its not like he got alot of interest outside of Miami. Its one thing to fire a coach with 2 losing seasons in a row and target this guy, but to fire your coach who has won his division 2/3 years and just won a playoff game because you dont want to lose such a flopable coaching prospect would be flat out stupid... But then again, its Jerry Jones so who the **** knows really...

But with the Cowboys comes instant pressure to win, he could be on the hot seat in a matter of games, not seasons. In Miami, Richard gets no pressure at first, they have already expressed that. They will allow him time to build things from the ground-up. He will also get to do his job with a "helicopter" owner, Ross spends his time in New York. The Cowboys are absolutely one of the premier franchises in the NFL, but if he wants a fair shot to do things HIS way he should pick Miami.

Back
Top Bottom