Alex Marvez's exclusive Q&A on Jr. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Marvez's exclusive Q&A on Jr.

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
from http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/

Q: Do you agree with the so-called "experts" that Junior Seau will have to greatly alter his game to play within the Dolphins' scheme, and not roam like he did in San Diego?

A: That is an interesting training camp storyline to follow. Seau is known for his freelancing, which was fine when he was the focus of San Diego's defensive scheme. But he will be expected to play a defined role with the Dolphins. I expect the Dolphins to tweak their defense to give Seau the chance to blitz more, but I don't know how much independence the Dolphins want to give him, especially with tackling machine Zach Thomas on the same field. ...http://www.sun-sentinel.com/finsinsider
this goes to the whole "is our D setup for Zach and no one else to be the star tackler ?" thing. Jr's freelancing s/b more on the passing play IMO. Ag the run, discipline wins

I think it will work better. DR did very little to help Zach and I like the idea of Seau free-lancing at times and letting Zach play his game. The fact is, teams will not know when Seau will be set free - so it will keep the offenses off-balance.

This is something that our defense, as good as it is, simply has not done in the last several years. We don't surprise anyone. Seau can add that feature. I think it will be a bit of give and take and we should let Seau's instincts take over at times. The "knock" if you can call it that, was that he was undisciplined at SD - but, the fact is, he made huge plays and didn't get burned a lot. How can you knock the playing style of a hall of fame player?

Add to that, the talent level around Seau, and he should be able to wreak havoc without too much risk.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
And if anyone wants to drop that full marvez bit in my PM box feel free :)
:smackhead :nono:

Back
Top Bottom