Alex Ogletree DUI | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Ogletree DUI

From everything thing I have seen, this kid does not have character issues. I bet it might hurt his draft stock a little, but I do not see it taking a major tumble. One can only hope that this is an isolated incident, just a kid making a stupid decision in an inebriated state. But you never know if it is an ongoing problem that has just now came to light.

He was also suspended 4 games this season for violating UGAs susbstance abuse policy. And he had some issue with stealing a motorized scooter (i think he was arrested), which cost him a game too. Would you rather have this kid or the guy who played up a fake girlfriend...? :ponder:

He was also suspended 4 games this season for violating UGAs susbstance abuse policy. And he had some issue with stealing a motorized scooter (i think he was arrested), which cost him a game too. Would you rather have this kid or the guy who played up a fake girlfriend...? :ponder:
I was not aware of the previous substance abuse. I bet it was for mary-jane. Actually when I looked into it, he was arrested for the theft of a motor scooter helmet. I am glad you brought this up because I was not aware of these incidences. I can bet that teams are going to grill him about his choices and he may have just cost him millions of dollars.

But let's get real, Te'o deception was just as egregious. He either did it in an attempt to obtain college football's highest honor, because you have to do something to sway the voters as a LB. But this subterfuge is a little much. Or, as it was brought up that he is gay and wanted deflect any unwanted attention in the fact that he was not seeing a girl. So you be the judge - a guy that is a stupid kid or a guy that lies to a nation to achieve his own self-gratificaction or privacy.
[video]http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/georgia-linebacker-alec-ogletree-charged-dui-just-days-132432459--nfl.html[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
But let's get real, Te'o deception was just as egregious. He either did it in an attempt to obtain college football's highest honor, because you have to do something to sway the voters as a LB. But this subterfuge is a little much. Or, as it was brought up that he is gay and wanted deflect any unwanted attention in the fact that he was not seeing a girl. So you be the judge - a guy that is a stupid kid or a guy that lies to a nation to achieve his own self-gratificaction or privacy.

Nope. Endangering people's lives while driving under the influence of a substance is far worse than anything related to college football. In the end, football is a game. The Heisman, if he was purposefully orchestrating this (to which there is no definitive proof), is a hunk of metal with no significance to anything in real life. The law would find DUIs far worse than anything Te'o could have done. To compare the possibility of harming a real person with a real life to potentially defrauding an award that has little to no significance is insane. The possibility of ending someone's life is never comparable to any award in college football.

Nope. Endangering people's lives while driving under the influence of a substance is far worse than anything related to college football. In the end, football is a game. The Heisman, if he was purposefully orchestrating this (to which there is no definitive proof), is a hunk of metal with no significance to anything in real life. The law would find DUIs far worse than anything Te'o could have done. To compare the possibility of harming a real person with a real life to potentially defrauding an award that has little to no significance is insane. The possibility of ending someone's life is never comparable to any award in college football.
Whoa, committing fraud is not a problem to you? It goes to his very character. I guess if you want to dismiss it, but it would throw up a red flag to me. I am not saying that getting behind the wheel when you are inebriated is not a serious act, but to say that what Te'o did was not troubling is putting your head in the sand.

Whoa, committing fraud is not a problem to you? It goes to his very character. I guess if you want to dismiss it, but it would throw up a red flag to me. I am not saying that getting behind the wheel when you are inebriated is not a serious act, but to say that what Te'o did was not troubling is putting your head in the sand.

If you have definitive proof that he did it on purpose, then I would consider it somewhat of a problem. There is, however, no definitive proof that he had a hand in it. I say that as someone who very much dislikes Notre Dame for taking many of Northwestern's recruits, so I have no biases. Even though, if he did it on purpose, the severity is still not as high as being intoxicated while driving. The possibility of hurting someone always, always takes precedence over anything else. Te'o didn't even win the Heisman, so even if he did defraud the public (to which the evidence is circumstantial at best) no one was or had the potential to be harmed by his actions. No one lost money, their house, their jobs or their lives through Te'o's actions, in that regard he did not put anyone in danger in any manner. Until you can show me a way in which Te'o's actions were potentially more harmful than Ogletree's, you will always be wrong from a legal and most likely moral perspective.

Back
Top Bottom