Alex on Nails and McKnight | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex on Nails and McKnight

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Marvez Q&A
Q: Has Jamie Nails or James McKnight signed with other teams yet?

A: Neither player has signed a contract. Nails (pictured) has received a surprising lack of interest, as teams have failed to realize his 2003 struggles were largely influenced by the fact he was coming off a serious Achilles' tendon injury suffered in Dec. 2002. To his credit, Nails never used the injury as an excuse for his struggles. But the fact the Dolphins would be more interested in re-signing Todd Perry or Tim Ruddy than Nails speaks volumes about his place on the totem poll. I expect McKnight to sign with another team later in the offseason.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/finsinsider/

i hope they resign nails and give him another shot but ill say bye bye to mcknight for every good play he made he helped the other team just as much

yeah, i hope we can resign nails for depth. If he heals, watch out. I'd rather have mcknight than thompson. at least mcknight had some sweet plays.

Too bad about Nails. I thought he had a great year two seasons ago. He didnt do too bad last year (it seemed) coming off the injury. I thought he was due for another big year....but I did read somewhere he has issues with his knees.

If we are unable to draft a quality OG I think bringing back Nails, assuming he is healthy, would be a quality move. The guy is coming off a down year, but was hampered by injury. Two years ago he was extremely solid leading the way for Ricky on many occasions. I do not want Perry back, but Nails I could take. McKnight on the other hand...just no room on this roster for him.

Jason Coles (I think) of the Herald says that Nails knees are shot. I thought that his poor year last year was due to the Achilles problem...that injury takes 18 months to recover from for these guys..It must have been real hard for him to not be able to get the drive he needs from that leg, playing the line....(well, it was hard, as we can tell by our offensive woes last year). But he did play real well in 2002 before the injury...too bad....bringing back Perry or Ruddy is really stop-gap, but I don;t think they want to bring back Ruddy and put more pressure on SM than he will have...

Originally posted by Finfan80
Hopefully McKnight goes to the Patriots or the Jets
:lol: :lol: :lol:

And burn us, you guys don't know, but I believe if McKnight had a team that believed in him would do very good. We've never had the QB to take advantage of his speed...

Back
Top Bottom