Alex Smith/ Aaron Rogers=Ryan Leaf | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Smith/ Aaron Rogers=Ryan Leaf

I'm not saying Alex Smith is a bust but how many of you guys saw that lame duck he threw against the Jags, it reminded me of Jay Fiedler. How can the #1 overall pick have a noodle arm like that!:eek: No wonder he had his pro day indoors. (atleast I think he did)

Also I watched Utah play today and their new QB was something like 31 for 40, 350 yds, and 4 TDs. Can you say "Product of the system".

As for Aaron Rodgers, I really doubt he will be a bust. He played very very well against USC and should have beat them twice. Cal isn't the same without him.

I never liked either of them... I thought that they were very overrated just because the QB class was sooo weak...

And I personally thought Jason Campbell was definatly better than Rogers and maybe better than Smith... but that was just my opinion...
None of them belonged in the top 20 though...

I wouldnt have minded Rodgers. I have always not like Smith though. Played in a spread offence that inflates #s and he played weak teams. When I saw his throw against the Jags I though he had punted the ball LOL

The news out of Washington says that Campbell might not even be ready to be the #2 QB next year. They say he has disappointed.

they night not have an attitude problem, but they both suck pretty bad. has either of them thrown a TD yet?

I think Alex Smith will be ok once he gets a little help, they need help at alot of positions, plus they have a lot of injured players this year. He will pan out, IMO.

Well, statistically... Alex Smith is looking like Ryan Leaf..

Alex Smith- (8 Games, 6 Starts), 0 TD's, 10 INT's, 50.0 %, 716 yards (5.26 YPA), 35 QB RATING, 10 fumbles, 3 lost..

Team Record (w/ Smith starting): 1-5

Ryan Leaf- (10 games, 9 Starts) 2 TD's, 15 INT's, 45.3%, 1289 (5.3 YPA), 39.0 QB RATING

Team Record (w/ Leaf starting): 5-11 team record (Leaf won the first two games but I don't know when he got suspended for screaming at a cameraguy or whatever... guy was psycho.)

Ryan Leaf (2000 stats)

(11 games, 9 starts) 11 TD's, 18 INT's, 1883 yards (5.8 YPA), 50.0%, LG 83TD, 56.2 QB RATING,

Team Record (w/ Leaf starting): 1-8 (but lost lost 3 games by 1 point... and 1 game by 3 points)

I still think it would too early to call Alex Smith a bust or the next Ryan Leaf and I know it's definitely too early to be calling Aaron Rodgers everything even though I heard he hasn't impressed the Green Bay coaching staff, especially during training camp and preseason. Althought, I do think... if SF gets the opportunity to draft Leinart... somehow make it happen. They'll most likely go Defense, I could see them getting Jimmy Williams (not sure how early he is supposed to go), but even though they invested a ridiculous amount of money in Alex Smith, I don't know how long you stick with him or IF you stick with him. You cannot put the whole blame on him, their O-Line is horrible and they don't have any dominant receivers and their "best" receiver Eric Johnson has been injured this season and most of last season too, I believe. I think Frank Gore has been very impressive, and I don't think they'll be in the position to draft Reggie Bush, I say whomever has number 1 draft Bush regardless of their need... I just don't see anyone passing up on him.

yeah, Rodgers is a Bust...:rolleyes: he hasent even played how can u say hes like Ryan leaf?

a more appropiate comparison with alex smith is andre ware. losman, if anyone, compares to leaf

woah, looking back at this thread the mods gave me a warning for language.

I don't remember typing anything, in fact I think I just used *'s to bleep out profanity.

dol_fan_81 said:
they night not have an attitude problem, but they both suck pretty bad. has either of them thrown a TD yet?

Well Smith has had a horrid rookie campaign, but Rogers has been behind Brett "I need to retire/hasn't thrown a TD in the entire month of December" Favre all season long except for garbage time. Kind of difficult to get any valuable playing time in GB.

Smith looked great this year. Definitely earning his money in San Fran

I have been saying this for the past 2 weeks. Both these guys will be busts, Rogers because he was coached to be a college qb by Jeff Tedford of Cal who is known for producing good college qb's that flop in the nfl. As for smith, he is a system qb that is being hyped up because of a down draft year. I can hear the bottom falling out now on both these guys!!!!

Bust!!!!

Ready to eat half a crow?

Back
Top Bottom