Alex Smith/ Aaron Rogers=Ryan Leaf | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Smith/ Aaron Rogers=Ryan Leaf

Pericles349

Practice Squad
Reaction score
What do you guys think? I've read this in a couple of different places. Do you think that Rogers or Smith will end up another Leaf (minus the bad media attitude)?

Personally, I think Smith will make a good QB some day, I'm not so sure about Rogers. I don't think either will be another Leaf.

Which one has a jerkish attitude? If either fails, it wont be in anyway shape or form like Leaf's failures.

neither will be Ryan Leaf. Leaf was a guy with alot of talent, but was lazy and a ******

Mod WARNING:

Language
Comments considered to be derogatory, disgusting, hateful or offensive are not permitted. There will be no swearing of any kind. Circumventing the profanity filter is also not permitted. Basically, use your head.

Neither one will be Ryan Leaf.

Yeah, neither has a bad attitude. Both of them seem mature enough to handle the NFL and the big money that comes with it. But, I read on a few Newspapers the comparison...

people are making these comparisons based off of stupid things. There are 2 QBs at the top of the draft, one will be Ryan Leaf. It's kind of like comparing Braylon Edwards to David Terrell just because they both went to Michigan and both wore #1.

KB21 said:
Neither one will be Ryan Leaf.

+1. Leaf was a catastophicly bad pick/bust, and, I don't see either of these guys with the expectations that went along with leaf, so, I don't think there's any comparison.

Both guys seem to have a good attitude.

The comparison is rediculous. Leaf was a head case. Alex Smith and Aaron Rogers are far from head cases. They are both very smart QB's that will succeed in the NFL IMO. I would love to have either one of them.

I'd take either QB actually, but would rather have Smith. Rdogers kind of scares me because his coach was Tedford.

ChambersWI said:
I'd take either QB actually, but would rather have Smith. Rdogers kind of scares me because his coach was Tedford.

I don't know why this myth is still going around. David Carr is a Tedford product, and he's the best young quarterback in the league. Joey Harrington is a Tedford product, and he's improved in each season he's been in the league. He had 19 TDs to 11 INTs last season while improving his QB Rating by 10 points. Kyle Boller is a Tedford product, and he improved tremendously over the course of last season.

The only Tedford product that has completely flopped in the NFL is Akili Smith.

KB21 said:
I don't know why this myth is still going around. David Carr is a Tedford product, and he's the best young quarterback in the league. Joey Harrington is a Tedford product, and he's improved in each season he's been in the league. He had 19 TDs to 11 INTs last season while improving his QB Rating by 10 points. Kyle Boller is a Tedford product, and he improved tremendously over the course of last season.

The only Tedford product that has completely flopped in the NFL is Akili Smith.

Carr only had Tedford a year so I wouldn't call him a product of Tedford. I guess my biggest fear is he won't work well in our offense because it's not the West Coast Offense.

GoonBoss said:
+1. Leaf was a catastophicly bad pick/bust, and, I don't see either of these guys with the expectations that went along with leaf, so, I don't think there's any comparison.

Both guys seem to have a good attitude.

Yeah, people thought Leaf was going to be the next Marino/Elway.

ih8brady said:
Yeah, people thought Leaf was going to be the next Marino/Elway.

I was one of them...:rolleyes: ..At age 37 I realized I totally stink at evaluating draft talent, and, have figgured out that's probably why I'm not a GM.

I rock at Madden GMing though:D

Pericles349 said:
What do you guys think? I've read this in a couple of different places. Do you think that Rogers or Smith will end up another Leaf (minus the bad media attitude)?

Personally, I think Smith will make a good QB some day, I'm not so sure about Rogers. I don't think either will be another Leaf.
I have been saying this for the past 2 weeks. Both these guys will be busts, Rogers because he was coached to be a college qb by Jeff Tedford of Cal who is known for producing good college qb's that flop in the nfl. As for smith, he is a system qb that is being hyped up because of a down draft year. I can hear the bottom falling out now on both these guys!!!!

Bust!!!!

ChambersWI said:
Carr only had Tedford a year so I wouldn't call him a product of Tedford. I guess my biggest fear is he won't work well in our offense because it's not the West Coast Offense.
Well then the biggest knock on Tedford, Akili Smith, shouldn't be called a Tedford product either considering he only had him for a year as well. I would also think a coach would have more influence on a freshman than a senior as well.

Back
Top Bottom