Alex Smith and Our OC Linehan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Smith and Our OC Linehan

Sal Lisitano

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Can someone please find the article where it mentioned that our Offensive Coordinator Linehan once recruited Alex Smith coming out of High School.

Thanks.

Go Fins!!!

As far as I know

Alex Smith was recruited by only Utah and Louisville, coming out of his high school in the San Diego area. Perhaps he narrowed it to those schools and told others to back off, but that makes no sense. I don't know Linehan's background or if he had any connection to Louisville or Utah.

Awsi Dooger said:
Alex Smith was recruited by only Utah and Louisville, coming out of his high school in the San Diego area. Perhaps he narrowed it to those schools and told others to back off, but that makes no sense. I don't know Linehan's background or if he had any connection to Louisville or Utah.

Damn...I read multiple times that Linehan and Smith have some connection...I remember reading that Linehan recruited Smith coming out of High School and I also read that Linehan and Alex's Dad also have some type of connection...I can't remember what article but I'm pretty sure of this.

Go Fins!!!

Linehan was the coordinator at Louisville when Smith thought about coming there.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/11000975.htm

Utah quarterback Alex Smith is considered a top five pick and he agrees he would be a perfect fit for the Dolphins.

''[Dolphins offensive coordinator] Scott Linehan was the old coordinator at Louisville, and he recruited me,'' Smith said Friday. ``When I went to Utah, we used his passing system because he and coach [Urban] Meyer were so close. So I'm very comfortable with the system.''

Alex Smith is also related to John L Smith who was Head Caoch at louisville at the time. I believe he is Coach Smith's nephew.

Sal Lisitano said:
Yep...that's what I was looking for...and I do agree...the signs point to us drafting him IMO.

Go Fins!!!

I agree that the signs do point to us drafting Alex Smith. But I also remind myself that signs like this can often be misleading.

What ever Saban and Linehan decide, I'll support.

Sal Lisitano said:
Yep...that's what I was looking for...and I do agree...the signs point to us drafting him IMO.

Go Fins!!!

I agree Sal, but don't tell the runningback coalition that.

Back
Top Bottom