Alex Smith and subtle mixed messages | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Smith and subtle mixed messages

Whoever is taken #1 overall I believe will have there contract done and signed on draft day. It'll basically set the mark. If Smith is taken it is essential to get him into camp on time, nothing hurts a Qb's development more than a holdout IMO.

ChambersWI said:
Eli signed quicker than most people thought he would. Condon does a good job getting his players big contracts, but most of them deserve it. He's nowhere near as bad as Rousehaus or the Postons
Yeah, I don't disagree that the players tend to deserve what their getting. It just seems to me that whenever there's a long contract negotiation, it's always with Condon's players. I'm sure that people in Miami can definitely make an argument for Rosenhaus though.

I saw the interview of Smith coming downstairs from the SF facitlity. He basically said this.

"Man, its nice to be the number 1 pick in the draft, its like a childhood dream, but its more important to be a better fit in the right system and the right situation."

they basically walked out of there and told them to go blow their contract down the road and let someone piss on it. Alex Smith wants to be a part of the dolphins and Linehan/Saban. And i like it alot. I really do. I am convinced that we are locked into this kid. I do not believe this is a smokescreen. I believe Saban wants his franchise QB who is OC Knows and with his attitude and smarts will make him a Dolphin forever. I am of the minority opinion that it will take TB alot to take this kid from us. We do have to wait for SF and signing Rogers but you can bet your bottom *** dollor that Smith told SF to take a hike!

finfan54 said:
I saw the interview of Smith coming downstairs from the SF facitlity. He basically said this.

"Man, its nice to be the number 1 pick in the draft, its like a childhood dream, but its more important to be a better fit in the right system and the right situation."

they basically walked out of there and told them to go blow their contract down the road and let someone piss on it. Alex Smith wants to be a part of the dolphins and Linehan/Saban. And i like it alot. I really do. I am convinced that we are locked into this kid. I do not believe this is a smokescreen. I believe Saban wants his franchise QB who is OC Knows and with his attitude and smarts will make him a Dolphin forever. I am of the minority opinion that it will take TB alot to take this kid from us. We do have to wait for SF and signing Rogers but you can bet your bottom *** dollor that Smith told SF to take a hike!

Hope you are right. However, if SF is building for the future, and the honestly believe Smith will work in SF better than Rodgers, I think they'll take him.

Would you take Rodgers based on "signability" if you believed Smith was going to be the better QB long term? I would not. So what if he gets into camp late like Rivers did?

Nevertheless, I hope that what you say has some truth to it. In fact, it would help us with the #2 pick if Rodgers signed for a reasonable price with SF. It would be hard for Condon, if we took Smith, to ask for more than the #1 pick.

finfan54 said:

Alex Smith wants to be a part of the dolphins and Linehan/Saban. And i like it alot. I really do. I am convinced that we are locked into this kid. I do not believe this is a smokescreen. I believe Saban wants his franchise QB who is OC Knows and with his attitude and smarts will make him a Dolphin forever. I am of the minority opinion that it will take TB alot to take this kid from us.

I hope you are 100% RIGHT ON with this because it is the very future of this franchise at stake here. Everyone has GOT to quit obsessing over "cap" and "picks" and we have GOT to get the RIGHT guys in here WHATEVER IT COSTS. Alex Smith is our FUTURE people. We have NOTHING at QB now.

ARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!! What is it gonna take to get people to see this?

Back
Top Bottom