Alex Smith cleared | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Smith cleared

Sirspud

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
Lost in all the excitement of everything recently apparently Alex Smith has been cleared for football activities. He still has to be cleared by Washington but one of his team of doctors works for the team.

Feel for the guy, all that hard work to come back and he’s coming back to that shitstain of a team.

I saw his leg...

:eyepop:

He's lucky to have a lower leg, and the healed leg looks like it could either break from and arm tackle...or break a telephone pole with a Muay Thai kick.

Feel for the guy, all that hard work to come back and he’s coming back to that ****stain of a team.

Well, there's always been a certain amount of drama attached to that team. But they've certainly been no worse than the Dolphins. As it was they were doing pretty darn well when he was the QB. Lack of a QB made the Gruden regime fall apart. I'm not sure Alex Smith was ever a championship caliber QB, but he's definitely a playoff caliber QB. Who knows what level he'll play at, but considering he was at one time he was one of the biggest draft busts out there, become a very viable QB, and has twice emerged after yielding his job to a younger QB, he's nothing if not resilient and determined, so if the physical side is there, what's to say he couldn't do good things in Washington?

Well, there's always been a certain amount of drama attached to that team. But they've certainly been no worse than the Dolphins. As it was they were doing pretty darn well when he was the QB. Lack of a QB made the Gruden regime fall apart. I'm not sure Alex Smith was ever a championship caliber QB, but he's definitely a playoff caliber QB. Who knows what level he'll play at, but considering he was at one time he was one of the biggest draft busts out there, become a very viable QB, and has twice emerged after yielding his job to a younger QB, he's nothing if not resilient and determined, so if the physical side is there, what's to say he couldn't do good things in Washington?
My use of the word ‘shitstain’ wasn’t related to his or their ability to turn it around on the field, and I certainly didn’t and don’t doubt his past achievements.

And as for their ‘drama’ being no worse that the Dolphins’ - holy **** I must be out of the loop with the way our owners and execs have behaved in the past.

Glad to hear. Smith has had an interesting career. For some guys, just a coaching change is needed to turn their career around (Smith with Harbaugh). Since then he's been very solid. You don't want to see any player go through the type of injury he had (which was made worse in the aftermath with the infection).

My use of the word ‘****stain’ wasn’t related to his or their ability to turn it around on the field, and I certainly didn’t and don’t doubt his past achievements.

And as for their ‘drama’ being no worse that the Dolphins’ - holy **** I must be out of the loop with the way our owners and execs have behaved in the past.

Well we haven't had anything as bad as what's been rumored in Washington but a lot of those are so outlandish I'd really have to see some proof before I accept any of it as fact. I wasn't necessarily saying you were knocking Smith as a QB, I'm just saying don't discount what he can do IF healthy even on a struggling franchise. They didn't look as struggling on the field until they lost him.

Back
Top Bottom