Alex Smith Describes Flores To A T! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Smith Describes Flores To A T!

phinsforlife

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

Alex Smith questions whether defensive head coaches can develop quarterbacks​

“There is a different mentality, from my career, when you play for an offensive head coach that wants to light up the scoreboard and outscore the opponent,” Smith said. “There’s a different mentality you have, especially as a young quarterback versus a defensive head coach, when really the [coach’s] mentality is ‘Hey, don’t screw up, don’t turn the ball over, don’t put us in a bad situation.’ . . . That’s a huge difference in a mentality and a mindset for a young quarterback, especially if it’s a bit rocky to start.”

“There is a different mentality, from my career, when you play for an offensive head coach that wants to light up the scoreboard and outscore the opponent,” Smith said. “There’s a different mentality you have, especially as a young quarterback versus a defensive head coach, when really the [coach’s] mentality is ‘Hey, don’t screw up, don’t turn the ball over, don’t put us in a bad situation.’ . . . That’s a huge difference in a mentality and a mindset for a young quarterback, especially if it’s a bit rocky to start.”

Was Singletary the HC of the Niners yet when Smith was drafted, or was it still Nolan?

Regardless of if you like or dislike Flores, it was always obvious he would handcuff the offense and would always think ... "We have the lead, just don't f@#k it up. My defense can handle it from here!"

Flores was a defensive Guru, incapable of running an efficient offense, and was a bad head coach due to his poor management of players. No more, no less.

You guys remember when he did the whole Jay Z thing during practice to show up Kenny Stills? Ne of the first red flags showing he was toxic.

No surprises here. Flo couldn't create an offense to save his life.

I don't really understand why defensive minded coaches even get head coaching jobs. With the exception of BB, they always seem to fail (and even BB ain't looking so hot now).

Aunt Flo was a better defensive coordinator for the Dolphins than Olividatti. That’s the nicest thing I can say about him.

Though I agree with you, I also would have to add what I saw in my toilet after what I ate at my cousin's during Cinco De Mayo could have been a better DC then Tom Olividatti ...Though some would call it more Offensive then Deffensive. 😕

Last edited:

Wasn't it FistPump who gave RTan 10 rules in the RZ?
No INTs. No delay of game. No risky passes. . . .

Exactly why I laughed my ass off when the pats had two DCs playing OC last year. I knew Jones was in for a world of hurt

Back
Top Bottom