Alex Smith Describes Flores To A T! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Smith Describes Flores To A T!

I think Flores’ issues extended beyond not knowing how to develop a QB. He certainly sucked at that, but he was awful on offense altogether. Didn’t trust anyone and played scared. That ridiculous Patriot philosophy screwed us over, too. Had Tua throwing to a cast of nobody’s his first two years. I think the jury is out on Flores and we all realize we were going absolutely nowhere with him as HC.

hip hop 90s GIF

Flores was a defensive Guru, incapable of running an efficient offense, and was a bad head coach due to his poor management of players. No more, no less.

You guys remember when he did the whole Jay Z thing during practice to show up Kenny Stills? Ne of the first red flags showing he was toxic.
And played head games w Minkah, listing him behind McCain on the depth chart in camp. What a prick

No surprises here. Flo couldn't create an offense to save his life.

I don't really understand why defensive minded coaches even get head coaching jobs. With the exception of BB, they always seem to fail (and even BB ain't looking so hot now).
Bill is smart enough to hire monster OCs with with great schemes… and smart enough to use Gronk, Welker and Brady to their fullest

Belichick seems to be willing to let QB's play.

Shula clearly wanted to be conservative on offense and run the ball but when he got Marino he realized that would be stupid.

There is another good reason to have an offensive minded HC and that is if your offense is being run by a hot shot OC you are going to lose that guy to a HC job and have to reboot your offense.

As for Flores I think his HC coaching issues were personality driven more than philosophical.

That "my way or the highway", "don't ask why, just do what I say" old school stuff is just that, old school. The modern athletes do not think of themselves as parts of a machine or boot camp recruits who need to be broken down and then built back up in the image of some Frank Kush type maniac..

To think of where Tua would be with competent offensive minds giving him instruction from day 1. 🤔🤔🤔

I don't even want to mention that ex-grabassticpieceofamphibianshyt they called a coach.

Alex Smith questions whether defensive head coaches can develop quarterbacks​

“There is a different mentality, from my career, when you play for an offensive head coach that wants to light up the scoreboard and outscore the opponent,” Smith said. “There’s a different mentality you have, especially as a young quarterback versus a defensive head coach, when really the [coach’s] mentality is ‘Hey, don’t screw up, don’t turn the ball over, don’t put us in a bad situation.’ . . . That’s a huge difference in a mentality and a mindset for a young quarterback, especially if it’s a bit rocky to start.”

I feel there is a lot of truth in what Alex Smith said.

I should point out that in your response to what Alex Smith said - that the exception is not the rule so, your point is based on a few exceptions to the rule.

Have you considered how many times Alex Smith's position has been shown to be accurate? How many situations have existed in the NFL that support Alex Smiths position compared to how many situations have proven to be exceptions to his position.

Once that information is provided, then there is a meaningful basis for discussion.

Back
Top Bottom