Alex Smith is a huge smokescreen! | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Smith is a huge smokescreen!

fishbanger said:
Smith or Trade down. Smith is worthy of #2 and TB could use a QB for thier future. Griese has played well but he has been injury prone his whole career.

Dolphins have benn crying for a good QB since Marino retired. Of course Drew Brees was not good enough for Wanny so here we are.:cry:

Yes, because QB's will stick around forever if they are the type of player Smith is. RB's and WR's fly the coup in four years and cause problems. This pick is about well into the future and you have to be right on and with this kids smarts, there is a level of maturity that is similar to Peyton Manning. The kid knows Linehan's stuff and would be able to pick up anything and have the athletic ability to do what they need him to do. You can get a RB in the later rounds. QB's are a premium over all else.

Agent51 said:
1, this is kinda the topic of like 46 posts already

2, Alex Smith as our pick "...................." Doesn't excite me one bit, not now, not when he takes over our team, not ever. We need a GAMEBREAKING running back. A great QB can only do so much without a RB, do I even NEED to mention Marino? He was the greatest QB EVER yet he will always be that only in our eyes (Dolphins fans) because "he didn't win a SB" so every non Dolphin fan says Montana or another SB winning QB. WHY didn't he win a SB? NO RUNNING. I don't care what ANYBODY says, Alex Smith is not the second coming of Dan Marino, and if Dan couldn't do it in his prime with Clayton and Duper, how is Alex Smith going to do it with Chambers and Booker and in a league that has more improved defenses? He isn't. SCREW Alex Smith, I'm not buying it one bit. He is a product of the shotgun and I don't care how much flak I catch for it because I'm sick of him.

I think you are over-reacting. If Saban has Smith rated clearly as the BPA and he doesn't think Feeley can get the job done and he picks him - I'll take Saban's perspective.

Marino had an offense that could have won 3-4 SB's. If we had any kind of defense. That was the issue.

When you put up 45 points on the board and lose, RB is not the problem!

Yes, we do need a RB. But, we had a great RB and crappy QB play and that made our offense completely one dimensional.

And, look at Linehan's offense at Minn - he had two mid round RB's (Onterrio Smith and Mewelde Moore) who excelled and were as good as Michael Bennett. They didn't have a great running game but it was pretty good. The biggest factor in the running game is a great O-line. Yes, you need a guy who knows how to run, but he doesn't have to be a hall-of-famer for it to be effective.

We also need a WR.

But, an Alex Smith, at age 20, super intelligent, could become a great QB.

BlueFin said:
We had a gamebreakiing runner, it didn't get us into the playoffs like we did with lowly old Lamar Smith.

Hey man...you just gave me an idea...I'm starting a new bandwagon...BRING BACK LAMAR SMITH.

:roflmao:

Jnaledu3 said:
Yeah, the people who dont want Smith are saying its a smokescreen..

I think maybe its just you guys that are full of smoke.

Actually it's people who don't want us spending #2 money on a player who normally wouldn't garner that kind of cash. They would rather trade down...

--Ross

Back
Top Bottom