Alex Smith is a huge smokescreen! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Smith is a huge smokescreen!

hweitz14

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I have to hand it to Saban.....he is playing a mean game of poker.

No chance he takes Smith.

no its not. I truly believe that Saban likes this kid. I believe that we will be drafting Alex Smith because he wants badly to be a Dolphin and to prove to the world he can be a damn good QB.

hweitz14 said:
I have to hand it to Saban.....he is playing a mean game of poker.

No chance he takes Smith.

Hweitz...you're in denial. You guys REALLY love your Ronnie Brown dont you?? Saban isnt doing this as a smoke screen. He will take the player with the best longterm value to this organization and that will be Alex Smith if we stay at #2. However, he WOULD like to trade down and WHY NOT look at all the options???? If I were him I would do EXACTLY the same thing. If Tampa gives him an offer that he cannot refuse then he will give up the #2 and go a different route in the draft (WR/RB with 5th, then he has a 2nd+3rd) But if Tampa doesnt give the great offer hes looking for then he WILL TAKE ALEX SMITH. He is a student of the game and if you havnt noticed who Saban has been bringing into our team...theyre all very smart guys.

If we stay at #2....I would love to draft Alex Smith!

Trade with Tampa

The article also said that the Phins would listen to the Bucs trade offers. Imagine if they do get the Bucs five and a second round pick with maybe some others next year. That is twice as good IMO.

Lets Go SABAN

By the way, did any of you catch what Smith said on Nfl Network when asked about the 49ers? His comments basically told me that he is not thrilled with being a 49er and is a better fit in Miami. He basically said that being picked first in the draft is a dream but that its more important to be in the right situation in the right system.

After yesterdays meeting with Saban, I believe this kid wants to be a dolphin bad.........really bad. He knows he can take over this franchise as his own in a year no problem.

finfan54 said:
no its not. I truly believe that Saban likes this kid. I believe that we will be drafting Alex Smith because he wants badly to be a Dolphin and to prove to the world he can be a damn good QB.

1, this is kinda the topic of like 46 posts already

2, Alex Smith as our pick "...................." Doesn't excite me one bit, not now, not when he takes over our team, not ever. We need a GAMEBREAKING running back. A great QB can only do so much without a RB, do I even NEED to mention Marino? He was the greatest QB EVER yet he will always be that only in our eyes (Dolphins fans) because "he didn't win a SB" so every non Dolphin fan says Montana or another SB winning QB. WHY didn't he win a SB? NO RUNNING. I don't care what ANYBODY says, Alex Smith is not the second coming of Dan Marino, and if Dan couldn't do it in his prime with Clayton and Duper, how is Alex Smith going to do it with Chambers and Booker and in a league that has more improved defenses? He isn't. SCREW Alex Smith, I'm not buying it one bit. He is a product of the shotgun and I don't care how much flak I catch for it because I'm sick of him.

Yeah, the people who dont want Smith are saying its a smokescreen..

I think maybe its just you guys that are full of smoke.

Agent51 said:

2, Alex Smith as our pick "...................." Doesn't excite me one bit, not now, not when he takes over our team, not ever. We need a GAMEBREAKING running back. A great QB can only do so much without a RB, do I even NEED to mention Marino? He was the greatest QB EVER yet he will always be that only in our eyes (Dolphins fans) because "he didn't win a SB" so every non Dolphin fan says Montana or another SB winning QB. WHY didn't he win a SB? NO RUNNING. I don't care what ANYBODY says, Alex Smith is not the second coming of Dan Marino, and if Dan couldn't do it in his prime with Clayton and Duper, how is Alex Smith going to do it with Chambers and Booker and in a league that has more improved defenses? He isn't. SCREW Alex Smith, I'm not buying it one bit. He is a product of the shotgun and I don't care how much flak I catch for it because I'm sick of him.

Dont worry about RB, we can get one with #37........or even in the third round if we trade down......this draft is loaded with RB's.

Agent51 said:

Wrong.

Marino never won because he didnt have a DEFENSE. Their offense was explosive even without an elite RB. But the defense could never keep the other team from scoring more points.

I DO believe SMITH is a Smokescreen. I think Saban wants TB to trade up for 3 spots for Smith, which then might cause a DOMINO effect making Minnesotta trade up with the Fins new #5 pick and giving us their #7. Remember the Vikings got rid of Moss to get that #7 and take one of the big 2 WR's.....well as time went on Braylon and Mike have been moving up the draft boards and neither of them might get past #6 to the Titans. Hopefully we make everyone in the top 10 nervous and we use it to our advantage.

Look, Saban wants you guys to think that he thinks you guys think to much! So when you think you know what Saban thinks, he thinks you think what other people think and should think what he really thinks is what he thinks!

Get it!!

Alex Smith is going to be a huge bust in the NFL.

He is Heath Shuler/Cade McKnown.

You guys are clueless.

Agent51 said:

You have a great point. But HOW BOUT FIEDLER????? He had an 1,800 YARD runningback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A team NEEDS BOTH a great QB and RB...how hard is it to find a potential franchise QB??? MUCH HARDER than finding a great RB. This draft is very deep with RB talent as well so if you want to get some balls and finally go for the star QB again after 5 years of hell with Fiedler then THIS is when you do it!

dolfreak said:
I DO believe SMITH is a Smokescreen. I think Saban wants TB to trade up for 3 spots for Smith, which then might cause a DOMINO effect making Minnesotta trade up with the Fins new #5 pick and giving us their #7. Remember the Vikings got rid of Moss to get that #7 and take one of the big 2 WR's.....well as time went on Braylon and Mike have been moving up the draft boards and neither of them might get past #6 to the Titans. Hopefully we make everyone in the top 10 nervous and we use it to our advantage.

Yeah lets just keep taking ourselves out of position to get the best players..:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom