Alex Smith is a huge smokescreen! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Smith is a huge smokescreen!

hweitz14 said:
Alex Smith is going to be a huge bust in the NFL.

He is Heath Shuler/Cade McKnown.

You guys are clueless.

Like i said in your thread, you're still in denial.

I think there is a smoke screen happening but the Bucs are the ones who are doing it. I think they want to trade up ahead of the Dolphins and the Bears to get the runningback of their choice. Now obviously Miami's going to not want to do it at all or at least ask for a heavy randsom if they're looking for a runningback so the Bucs say they want a quarterback in the hopes that Miami still thinks they can get Williams or Brown at #5.

Jnaledu3 said:
Yeah, the people who dont want Smith are saying its a smokescreen..

I think maybe its just you guys that are full of smoke.

well said, haha

hweitz14 said:
I have to hand it to Saban.....he is playing a mean game of poker.

No chance he takes Smith.

Some of you are in serious denial, if you really believe that there is a strong possibility your going to have a shocking Saturday coming up.

hweitz14 said:

You guys are clueless.

You do you prefer? Let me guess, Ronnie Brown.

Well then I guess I could say that Ronnie Brown is JJ Johnson or Ron Dane just as easily as you could say that Smith is one of those chumps.

hweitz14 said:
I have to hand it to Saban.....he is playing a mean game of poker.

No chance he takes Smith.

I don't think so...

I bet you anything that we wil lpick him no matter what, but if Tampa or whoever decides they want to deal for him after. Like last years QB switch. I'm sure he would be open.

Jnaledu, Bluefin, and myself seem to be the only rational people on this thread at the moment...lol, excellent posts guys. They're clearly all in denial and very scared they arent going to get their Ronnie Brown...

Agent51 said:
1, this is kinda the topic of like 46 posts already

2, Alex Smith as our pick "...................." Doesn't excite me one bit, not now, not when he takes over our team, not ever. We need a GAMEBREAKING running back. A great QB can only do so much without a RB, do I even NEED to mention Marino? He was the greatest QB EVER yet he will always be that only in our eyes (Dolphins fans) because "he didn't win a SB" so every non Dolphin fan says Montana or another SB winning QB. WHY didn't he win a SB? NO RUNNING. I don't care what ANYBODY says, Alex Smith is not the second coming of Dan Marino, and if Dan couldn't do it in his prime with Clayton and Duper, how is Alex Smith going to do it with Chambers and Booker and in a league that has more improved defenses? He isn't. SCREW Alex Smith, I'm not buying it one bit. He is a product of the shotgun and I don't care how much flak I catch for it because I'm sick of him.

We had a gamebreakiing runner, it didn't get us into the playoffs like we did with lowly old Lamar Smith.

AT #7 we can still find one of the 3 RB's, maybe a top WR,Possibly The BEST Defensive player, or worst case scenario an OL. I dont have a problem with #7....as long as we're in the top 10 we're good. Anddon't forget all the 2nd rounders and 3rd rounders we've accumulated if we do those trades with TB and Minny.

hweitz14 said:

You guys are clueless.

He is RYAN LEAF. I say it again SCREW ALEX SMITH.

I know we can get a RB in the 2nd or 3rd, but we can get a QB too, so that balances out, bringing us back to the 1st rnd RBs vs 1st round QBs and the RBs KILLS them. The jump from college to NFL for a RB is WAYYYYYYYY less dramatic and difficult than it is for QB. Add that to the fact that the three running backs are already proven gamebreakers and guys that contrinute HUGELY to the outcome of the game and success of their teams and that These 2 QBs could quite possibly be the two most overrated QBs, especially Smith. At least Rodgers had a versitile offense, Smith was a shotgun man and a product of Urban Meyers genius. ANY QB at Utah under Urban Meyer would be in Smith's position right now. I bet Chris Leak is the new Alex Smith next year

Agent51 said:
1, this is kinda the topic of like 46 posts already

2, Alex Smith as our pick "...................." Doesn't excite me one bit, not now, not when he takes over our team, not ever. We need a GAMEBREAKING running back. A great QB can only do so much without a RB, do I even NEED to mention Marino? He was the greatest QB EVER yet he will always be that only in our eyes (Dolphins fans) because "he didn't win a SB" so every non Dolphin fan says Montana or another SB winning QB. WHY didn't he win a SB? NO RUNNING. I don't care what ANYBODY says, Alex Smith is not the second coming of Dan Marino, and if Dan couldn't do it in his prime with Clayton and Duper, how is Alex Smith going to do it with Chambers and Booker and in a league that has more improved defenses? He isn't. SCREW Alex Smith, I'm not buying it one bit. He is a product of the shotgun and I don't care how much flak I catch for it because I'm sick of him.

i'm gonna have to disagree with you, A bad@$$ running back is important, but up until last year New England didn't have a dominating running back, and they still managed to win 2 rings without Dillon. Don't get me wrong, you give Marino a decent runner and its a whole different ball game, the fact that he did so much without a great back is just another credit to his greatness. But i'd take a great QB and a decent running back rather than vice versa

Although I think that A. Smith may be a good QB in the future Saban has said more than once he would like to get picks this year. With the Niners locked in on Rodgers the dolphins saying the will take anyone other than Smith is stupid. We want to move down and he is the only player that teams are willing to move up for. If we don't get an offer that Saban deems good enought to move down I agree with the others that we take Smith at this point. The closer and closer to the draft the less I like all 3 of the big RB's. GreenMonster

Agent51 said:

I know we can get a RB in the 2nd or 3rd, but we can get a QB too, so that balances out, bringing us back to the 1st rnd RBs vs 1st round QBs and the RBs KILLS them. The jump from college to NFL for a RB is WAYYYYYYYY less dramatic and difficult than it is for QB. Add that to the fact that the three running backs are already proven gamebreakers and guys that contrinute HUGELY to the outcome of the game and success of their teams and that These 2 QBs could quite possibly be the two most overrated QBs, especially Smith. At least Rodgers had a versitile offense, Smith was a shotgun man and a product of Urban Meyers genius. ANY QB at Utah under Urban Meyer would be in Smith's position right now. I bet Chris Leak is the new Alex Smith next year

I don't know what Saban is going to do, and either does anyone who posts here, it's all guesses, some educated and some blind. But to say Smith is a bust, you just don't know. Linehan recruited him, knows his family very well. Knows if we pick him and he fails it's his head! I think I will trust Saban and Linehan on this one. If they take Smith, I'm fine with it!

Agent51 said:

You never replied to my comment on the 1,800 yard RB an how well we did that year.

hweitz14 said:

You guys are clueless.

Ronnie Brown is going to be a huge bust in the NFL.

He is Ki-Jana Carter

You are clueless

:rolleyes:

homestly, you Brown huggers are terrible. You're like freaking little children who dont get their way, and try to make everybodys lives around them miserable.

Einstein, would you mind telling me why Smith will be a huge bust?

is it the fact that he led an undefeated season followed by a romp in the Fiesta Bowl? Is it because he had an 8-1 TD to INT ratio? Is it because he played in a system thats based off of Linehan's passing system?

The only thing that Saban has to do to find out about the real Alex L. Smith is to call his former employer, MSU. Talk to the head coach, John L. Smith, who is Alex's uncle, and get the real report from someone who has known Alex his entire life.

Back
Top Bottom