Alex Smith on "Cold Pizza" ...... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Smith on "Cold Pizza" ......

Muck said:
It's ok for QBs to be ****y.

Tom Brady is another exception to the rule. But even if you're a humble guy, out on that field....you've GOT to be supremely confident in your abilities.

I wouldn't go that far with Brady. When introduced to Robert Craft as a rookie, he proclaimed himself as the best decision the organization ever made. True, but still strong words coming from a 6th round rookie.

What I like about these QBs, especially Smith, is their work habits. That's what made Manning so great. When he came in to the league, nobody was talking about his measurables. They were talking about his work habits. If you put that kind of effort into your craft, it's hard not to be successful.

Phishstix said:
this is the way i see it:

arrogance- thinking that you are good (feeley)

****iness- knowing that you are good (marino)

Right on the Money.

To play in the NFL you have to have I'm the best mentality. If you go in thinking you arnt as good as the other players you will not succeed. Smith has everything that it takes to be a great QB in the NFL. His 2 best assets are the most import things a QB can have. Intelligence and Accuracy are the most important things you can have as an NFL QB. Mike Vick can throw the ball 80 yards, but chances are its going to be on the opposite side of the field his reciever is on. I would rather have a QB that is 19/20 inside 20 yards. 6/10 outside 20 yards. Than a QB that is 12/20 inside 20 yards and 4/10 outside 20 yards, but he can throw the ball a mile.

Back
Top Bottom