Alex Smith or Braylon Edwards | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Smith or Braylon Edwards

ItalianDolFan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Seeing as how we resigned Travis Minor, we most likely will get back Ricky Williams, we have Lamar Gordon and Sammy Morris, it doesnt look like we are gonna draft a runningback. I think that would be a waste, seeing we already have 4 of them. So right now i think its down to Braylon Edwards or Alex Smith.

We have 4 RBs now...RBs dont win championships.

We have Chambers, Booker, Thompson, McMichael, Welker to catch balls. And they all do it pretty well. Plus, receivers dont win championships. I am all for choosing Braylon Edwards first, but...

We have 3 QBs, none of which are VERY GOOD. Gus is in his 13th year, so he will be done soon. Sage wont ever start. AJ is decent. Yes we need a GOOD YOUNG QB to get behind AJ.

With all that said....to all of you Braylon Edwards people, i want him too....but we can pickup decent receivers later in the draft, PLUS in the FA. Jerry Rice is old but hes still good....most QBs dont play too well when they get older. I think its 90% chance we are going for Alex Smith. Agreed?

wow i messed up the POLL part. It was supposed to be 3 questions.

Draft Smith?

Draft Edwards

Wait until next year and make a run for Matt Leinart?

I think Ricky will be back and I believe if we stay at two it would be Edwards or Smith which ever one is still there, however I don't think we will stay at two. I think we will trade down and I still expect to pick up a runinng back somewhere in the draft.

I wouldnt take the Ricky thing that far, it's all a assumption. Edwards would be my favorite, since I dont want the Phins to take a QB. I still see a runningback being taken. First off, even if Ricky comes back, how much faith can you put into him? He could do the same thing anytime, specially since he wont owe anything if he leaves again. Then the phins would be looking for a back again.

well yeah, if we choose a runningback, it would be in like the 4th round or so. Possibly Darren Sproles?? If we choose a QB later, i doubt it will be a decent one, probably Stefan Lefors. But QBs taken really late, never tend to do so well...except Brady.

Yikes, i checked out Alex Smith stats on espn, and hes only been a starter for 2 years. Hes a junior, and his stats ARE NOT AMAZING. They are GOOD, but are not amazing. Plus, look at the teams he played...they arent that great. THen i looked at Aaron Rodgers stats, and he seems a lot better. Better stats, he played better teams too. Hmm, decisions decisions...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=134662 -Smith

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?statsId=100697 -Rodgers

Miami will protect themselves if he comes back he will have to play a certain amount of years or he will owe the money again they won't allow themselves to be taken advantage off the Feild. Also they will draft a RB to protect themselves on the feild

actually i take that back......Alex Smith's stats are better, but Aaron Rodgers played better teams. I havent heard much about Aaron lately.

Get Smith -- we won't be picking this high again for a while. Might as well get a franchise QB.

ItalianDolFan said:
wow i messed up the POLL part. It was supposed to be 3 questions.

Draft Smith?

Draft Edwards

Wait until next year and make a run for Matt Leinart?

We'd have to really suck this year (dead last) to get a shot at Leinart. If we are going to take a QB, this is the year to do so, IMO.

we need a fast QB. Jay Fiedler was a good rusher, but sucked at passing. We need a young QB who can run, so that when our crappy offensive line misses a block, then u got big ole' Warren Sapp chasing down our QB, our QB can run away. I think Scott Linehan needs to take our QBs to downtown Miami around the drug dealers, and then they will learn to run fast. Aj Feeley is kinda slow...

Back
Top Bottom