Alex Smith The Favorite? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Smith The Favorite?

alen1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
pixel-1.gif

The Sacramento Bee believes Alex Smith is the heavy favorite to be the 49ers' Week 1 starting quarterback.Beat reporter Matt Barrows writes that J.T. O'Sullivan or Shaun Hill will have to "be dramatically better" in training camp to overtake Smith. Coordinator Mike Martz usually doesn't like high profile, No. 1 pick types, but Smith perfectly fits the skill set he's looking for.

rotoworld.com

I thought it would be Shaun Hill but I guess not.

Alex Smith is hard to judge because he has not had many pieces around him.

The thing is with Alex Smith he's a good QB but he acts like a *****. He's already roasted his coach saying **** like "He ruined my career and blah blah blah". I think getting Mike Martz is going to help him out alot and if they traded for a player like Chad Johnson it would open things up for everyone else.

With the money they're paying him, of course he's going to be the starter. He's the better of the three anyway. The additions of Bryant Johnson and Issac Bruce will help him. He may luck out and get one of the top 4 WRs in the draft as well. Add in Gore and Davis and he'll have more than enough tools to prove himself.

Well he certainly should be the favorite by now.

He's had little around him but he's had plenty of time to develop and he should be coming into his own. If not now, he's not going to.

This is his 4th coordinator in 4 years so I'll give him some slack but if he cant shine in a Mike Martz offense which should have some similarities to his college days then he's officially a bust. He regressed bigtime last year but the bottom line his record with the 49ers is still 7-5 as a starter somehow

Seen a bit of Shaun Hill last year and have to say he looked very composed and assured, something the Niners lacked last season in that position. Smith has a fight on his hands if he wants to keep the starting job in SF.

Smith is going to be throwing the ball a lot in this Mike Martz offense. Watching it in Detriot, you forget about the run.

Back
Top Bottom