Alex Smith to meet with Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Smith to meet with Dolphins

"We'll make our evaluations on all the top players and decide who really solves problems for us and who has the greatest value to the organization long-term," Saban said. "We're probably a ways away from a decision right now."

Hmm maybe he wants to build the franchise around Alex Smith for next 15-20 years. We had Bob Griese then Dan Marino cud this be the time for the Alex Smith era?

Keep in mind he's only 20 years old its not about him starting right away but his future playing time.

wud also settle for Ronnie Brown+ Mcphearson combo

Boon you read my mind i think we should go after ronnie brown and mcpherson...... i think mcpherson will be an all-star 1 day if we can get mcpherson keep him at third string for the first year trade feely after the year is done and move him to starter becuase he will know the system then...... I think we are just going to try and hype up alex smith so if 49ers dont pick him we can get more picks from the browns for Alex Smith because the browns are in desperate need of a quarterback

In order for Saban to convince other teams that we might draft Smith its important to sell this possibility as much as possible.Its our best chance of trading down.

I do not want us to take Smith, I think he is unprepared, had one good season and I just don't think either of the top 2 qb's are all that great! Look at tedfords other guys who have become nfl qb's! After you look at them it isnt much of a ringing endorsment for smith!

We are a team that is actually still quite close in terms of superbowl with the players we have. I say we get the top notch rb we desperately need and if we have the need take orton in the 3rd he is a very polished qb with great arm strength and intangibles.

Don't put us in the situation where Feeley plays lights out this year and then we got then 2nd pick in the draft sitting there but we cant move him because it was such a weak qb class no one wants to trade for him and we dont want to trade feeley as we wouldnt know how good smith is, as he hadn't played!!!

A. J Feeley will NEVER be starting in a Super Bowl for the Miami Dolphins. It WILL NOT HAPPEN. FACT. Deal with it.

We WILL NOT HAVE adrian mcphearson on this team. FACT. Deal with it.

I honestly don't know where some of you get these ideas from about the QB position.

Saban's next QB will look far more like Peyton Manning than Michael Vick. He wants a smart LEADER with an accurate arm and better-than-average mobility. Smith is the guy who fits the mold.

dolphingator said:
A. J Feeley will NEVER be starting in a Super Bowl for the Miami Dolphins. It WILL NOT HAPPEN. FACT. Deal with it.

I honestly don't know where some of you get these ideas from about the QB position.

Saban's next QB will look far more like Peyton Manning than Michael Vick. He wants a smart LEADER with an accurate arm and better-than-average mobility. Smith is the guy who fits the mold.
Alice Smith is too weak for the NFL.

Oregonfinfan said:
I do not want us to take Smith, I think he is unprepared, had one good season and I just don't think either of the top 2 qb's are all that great! Look at tedfords other guys who have become nfl qb's! After you look at them it isnt much of a ringing endorsment for smith!

We are a team that is actually still quite close in terms of superbowl with the players we have. I say we get the top notch rb we desperately need and if we have the need take orton in the 3rd he is a very polished qb with great arm strength and intangibles.

Don't put us in the situation where Feeley plays lights out this year and then we got then 2nd pick in the draft sitting there but we cant move him because it was such a weak qb class no one wants to trade for him and we dont want to trade feeley as we wouldnt know how good smith is, as he hadn't played!!!

Dude, Feeley was a Tedford quarterback...............not Alex Smith, you have your facts confused.

You just made a case against relying on Feeley as our future.

You guys are always talking about putting up a smokescreen etc...while I understand this is very important in the draft and can sometimes trigger alot of trade down possibilities etc...sometimes you guys jump to that smoke screen conclusion WAY too often. Do you really think that our team is bringing in Smith for 2 DAYS JUST FOR A SMOKE SCREEN?? They dont waste that much time on a guy who they have absolutely NO intention of drafting...

Phinfan31 said:
You guys are always talking about putting up a smokescreen etc...while I understand this is very important in the draft and can sometimes trigger alot of trade down possibilities etc...sometimes you guys jump to that smoke screen conclusion WAY too often. Do you really think that our team is bringing in Smith for 2 DAYS JUST FOR A SMOKE SCREEN?? They dont waste that much time on a guy who they have absolutely NO intention of drafting...
If you want somebody else to think you're serious about drafting him, that's exactly what you do.

dolphingator said:

Excellent post. I think alot of the people here think too much about what THEY want...they should be thinking all about Saban and what he looks for in players, you can tell right away the type of people he looks for just based off the coaching staff he selected. He will want a SMART QB. One that is a student of the game just like Peyton.

inFINSible said:
If you want somebody else to think you're serious about drafting him, that's exactly what you do.

Yeah but it really doesnt sound like there is THAT much interest in trading up...this isnt Eli Manning and Big Ben this year. The QBs are more questionable than in previous years.

Back
Top Bottom