Alex Smith to visit Dolphins....Again | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Smith to visit Dolphins....Again

I'll say this; so far, it certainly looks like they like him more than Rodgers.

phunwin said:
I'll say this; so far, it certainly looks like they like him more than Rodgers.

Thats not the way it looks to me at all. There are sources that lead you both ways, the sources I think are most credible lead me to believe Rodgers is their #1 choice........Smith is 1A.

I tend to put more credibility in the well known beat writer for the Niners Ira Miller than I do some of these national pundits that try to keep up with 32 teams.

I personally heard him say Nolan has final say, that Nolan likes Rodgers over Smith, and that their goal was to sign one of them prior to the draft, with Edwards as 1C if they can't work out a deal with the QB's.

BlueFin said:
Thats not the way it looks to me at all. There are sources that lead you both ways, the sources I think are most credible lead me to believe Rodgers is their #1 choice........Smith is 1A.

I tend to put more credibility in the well known beat writer for the Niners Ira Miller than I do some of these national pundits that try to keep up with 32 teams.

I personally heard him say Nolan has final say, that Nolan likes Rodgers over Smith, and that their goal was to sign one of them prior to the draft, with Edwards as 1C if they can't work out a deal with the QB's.

I think he was saying the 'Phins like Smith better.

During his PC Saban went out of his way to spotlight Smith.It sounded to me as though he was directing his comments to other teams that might be interested in him.In other words a red herring.

Its his best chance of trading down to convince others that he might take Smith.

CrunchTime said:
During his PC Saban went out of his way to spotlight Smith.It sounded to me as though he was directing his comments to other teams that might be interested in him.In other words a red herring.

Its his best chance of trading down to convince others that he might take Smith.
Like Tampa. :wink:

Saban is smoke-screening as he wants to trade down to fetch a top d-fensive player along with a top 7 pick

Aaron Rodgers is Ryan Leaf waiting to happen. Saban doesn't want him.

If we can't get Smith, let's draft Rodgers and wait for all the chumps to come calling us begging for a trade, like TB. For some reason everybody is in love with this guy and we could use that fact to advantage.

Back
Top Bottom