Alex Smith vs Ryan Tannehill | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Smith vs Ryan Tannehill

jbyrd850

Rookie
Basement Dweller
Reaction score
I ask because Alex Smith is going to be available. He's no world beater in my opinion but he's been pretty solid for a guy that is gonna get shopped around and replaced by basically a rookie.

In my made up scenario here, he's cut by KC so we don't have to trade anything for him. Also in my made up scenario the Dolphins can cut Ryan Tannehill with no cap hit.

Basically a straight up "who would you rather" have as the starting quarterback of the team, given a choice between these two guys.

Ryan Tannehill or Alex Smith?

I will stick with Tannehill. How about those Chiefs though. Choke at home vs the Titans. So the Patriots will face some cupcake team in the 1st playoff game in either the Titans or Bills. I thought the Chiefs would have had a shot against the Patriots. Of course probably not since they couldn't even handle the Titans.

I understand it is just a scenerio you made up, but why would the Chiefs cut a qb coming off what should have been a Pro Bowl season instead of trading him if they wanted to move on? Don't you figure they could at the very least get a late draft pick for him?

I believe KC would take a huge cap hit if they just cut him. They would have to trade him and I doubt anyone is going to trade for that contract at his age. For sure I hope we won't. His contract counts just over 20mill

Ozzy rules!!

The fans want Andy Reid gone. Too many 10-6/11-5 seasons with no playoff success to show for it. I wish the Dolphins had that "problem."

Well what's better to go 7-9/8-8 for 9 years and have 1 11-5 season in which you win a Super Bowl or 10 to 15 seasons of 10-6/11-5 but no super bowls.

Give me the 1 super bowl and 9 years of mediocrity, i have to assume 10-6 and 11-5 and no playoff success becomes tiresome.

The fans want Andy Reid gone. Too many 10-6/11-5 seasons with no playoff success to show for it. I wish the Dolphins had that "problem."

Goes to show fans will always be somewhat disappointed.

5- 11 teams have fans upset their team isn't at least 8-8 and somewhat competitive.
8-8 teams have fans upset their team isn't a 10 win and playoff team.
10-6 teams that get get bounced early in the playoffs have fans upset they can't win come January.
Teams that win 12 wins consistently but don't win the Super Bowl have fans upset that great team chokes when it comes to winning it all.

So t's either win it all or a portion of the fan base will be calling for your head.

Last edited:
Dolphins passed on Brees (2x), Rodgers, Smith, Ryan, Wilson, Prescott,... gonna be sick... and now they're banking on 30y/2x ACL'd Tannehill.

Butt-ler's gone. Moore's over. Fales.. meh.

finish the last year of Tannehill, gimme a year of "Alex on deck", and draft Baker Mayfield like i been sayin.

Back
Top Bottom