Alex Smith vs Ryan Tannehill | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Smith vs Ryan Tannehill

Tannehill partially tore his ACL and MCL vs Arizona. He tried to let it heal via stem cells and rehab. He then tore the same ACL in camp. So basically he had a partial tear and then a complete tear. So he injured his ACL twice but he's only completely tore it once...for those that seem to be confused on this.
We will just have to disagree on this. To me, moving from a partially to fully torn ligament is a single injury, as no surgery was performed in between and the original injury had never healed.

I think they are about the same tier of QB. Smith is more ceribal and calculated but Tannehill can make the tough throw. I think we are the same team with Alex Smith. I just hope we aren't delaying the invetbale with Tannehill. I still worry if Tannehill can come up big in important games. We've seen it a couple times but not enough if we want to consistently make the playoffs and win a superbowl. I fear that Tannehill needs an amazing supporting cast of key players to really make a run. Like Smith had this season will hunt, Kelce and Hill. And we saw what happened to the chiefs after Kelce went down, that offense was anemic. Makes you wonder if same thing would have happened to Tannehill. Alex Smith struggled to win a post season game with Kansas City, just like Andy Dalton. Is Tannehill the same type of QB? Guess we will have to wait to find out.

Figured most on here would prefer Tannehill.

I wish this front office was trying to upgrade the position like KCs. KC wins games all those games and they are still willing to change it up at qb.

We will continue to be average at best and trot lord Tannehill out there happily.

I don't even think Alex Smith is that great but it's hilarious to me that people think Tannehill is actually better.

Wake me up when Ryan Tannehill puts up these numbers 4000 yards, 26tds, 5ints, over a 5:1 td to int ratio and a passer rating over 100. YOU WILL NEVER WAKE ME lol, Tannehill will never do that.

I wish this front office was trying to upgrade the position like KCs. KC wins games all those games and they are still willing to change it up at qb.

We will continue to be average at best and trot lord Tannehill out there happily.
Bro they have a young QB they drafted last year sitting in the wings. We have Fales waiting in the wings now. So if we upgraded the QB spot as you are insisting then these are the priorities in the draft QB, DE, LB, TE, and WR depending what happens with Landry. That's a lot of groceries to get in a draft.

Also maybe RB.

I don't know if all that finish was on Mayfield or a conservative offense being called at the end of the game, or both.

It really wasn’t the finish that concerned me, it was how the guy handled pressure in the pocket. The slightest bit of pressure and he just shut down. That, along with his poor attitude and sideline antics showed me he is a me first player who lacks mental toughness. Just don’t see him making it in the NFL.

Bro they have a young QB they drafted last year sitting in the wings. We have Fales waiting in the wings now. So if we upgraded the QB spot as you are insisting then these are the priorities in the draft QB, DE, LB, TE, and WR depending what happens with Landry. That's a lot of groceries to get in a draft.

I'm actually not all about drafting a qb, I'd prefer to draft best player available. If we had been doing that the past decade we might actually have some good players on this roster.

At the same time though, qb is the most important position in sports and I'm of the opinion that we will never win with Tannehill.

Worst thing this franchise has done is continually been mediocre. I'd easily trade our last 5 seasons with the jags of it meant I got to have that roster moving forward.

Look up and down our roster, Tannehill definitely isn't taking this team far. By the time you build up the roster enough for Tannehill to go deep into the playoffs he will be 40.

If best player available is a qb, you take him.

I'm actually not all about drafting a qb, I'd prefer to draft best player available. If we had been doing that the past decade we might actually have some good players on this roster.

At the same time though, qb is the most important position in sports and I'm of the opinion that we will never win with Tannehill.

Worst thing this franchise has done is continually been mediocre. I'd easily trade our last 5 seasons with the jags of it meant I got to have that roster moving forward.

Look up and down our roster, Tannehill definitely isn't taking this team far. By the time you build up the roster enough for Tannehill to go deep into the playoffs he will be 40.

If best player available is a qb, you take him.
I believe we can win with Ryan. What this team has failed to do is drafting talent so that we have depth on this team. The last draft or two has gotten better, however we should be drafting a QB this year to develop and next year to build depth as we have nothing in depth at the QB position.

Alex Smith is a lot like Chad Pennington. He can get you to the playoffs, but can’t get you much farther than a first round exit.

At minimum, Tannehill IS Alex Smith. But I think his ceiling could be a little higher. It would make no sense to bring in a guy that would basically be a wash with what we already have.

Don't get your feelings hurt because your quarterback sucks and will never get to the playoffs
Really? Get my feelings hurt? It's football dude. I don't get paid for watching it and really could care less if the league folded tomorrow. But more on point, agreed, OMFG, Alex Smith is no upgrade to Ryan Tanehill. For a team that needs more picks in the draft than it has, you would give up something for a lateral move? If a top QB falls to 11, get him. But don't waste assets for more of the same.

Really? Get my feelings hurt? It's football dude. I don't get paid for watching it and really could care less if the league folded tomorrow. But more on point, agreed, OMFG, Alex Smith is no upgrade to Ryan Tanehill. For a team that needs more picks in the draft than it has, you would give up something for a lateral move? If a top QB falls to 11, get him. But don't waste assets for more of the same.
Nice post brother!

Don't get your feelings hurt because your quarterback sucks and will never get to the playoffs
And there is zero chance he is cut in my opinion. A team like Cleveland could trade one of there million picks for him to keep the seat warm for a top rookie QB.

You are making an apples to oranges comparison here. Smith has been questionable his entire career, including having been considered a bust by Harbaugh and traded from his original team. Kansas City has a rookie they would like to go to because they have been unhappy with Smith the last two years. If not for Andy Reid‘s stubbornness, Smith would never have started this season.

Up until last year, Tannehill has had questionable coaching, poor offensive talent, and one of the worst offensive lines in the league. Despite this, he managed a playoff run last year, and if not for his injury, he may well have led the team deep into the playoffs with talent that we know after this season is subpar to the Chiefs. I will take Tannehill.

Back
Top Bottom