Alex Smith will win the Heisman! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Smith will win the Heisman!

weisdolphins

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Just trying to strike up conversation.:cooldude:

Not even close. It will be Leinart unless Adrian Peterson somehow sneaks up on him (doubtful though). I like Smith though...good prospect QB.

Not likely. Id put these three in front of him, Peterson, Leinart, Benson and maybe Bush (this guy amazes me everytime I see him play).

I honestly don't think any player from USC deserves it because there's just to much talent on the roster to justify giving it to one player (even though i'm high on Leinart). Numbers wise and wins wise, Alex Smith should be right in the middle of the conversation but I don't think he deserves simply because he played at a mid major. I know it shouldn't be used against him because u play the schedule your given but with that said, I will use it against him. I think he's worthy of an invite but that's about it. So who's my winner? Peterson from Oklahoma deserves it. I don't care what Jason White's #'s are, their all a product of Peterson opening everything up for him. In the big games this year he stepped up big time and really carried them early in the season. I don't care if this kid was a Freshman, he deserves it. I don't want to hear Benson because when they went head to head, Adrian showed him what's up. Rodgers, Bush, Leinart, Smith, Benson, and a lot of others are worthy but if I was voting, it would be for Adrian (and I hate OU). With that said, this year's Heisman race is truly up for grabs. I'm glad where going to head into the ceremony not knowing who's going to win. It adds even more prestige to the trophy for the winner this year then ever before IMO because it's truly a toss up!

Wish I'd seen more USC games.
I'd like to see more of Bush. His highlights blow me away.

He probably shouldn't finish in the top 6 because he's played bad teams except TAMU. Jason White, Adrian Peterson, Aaron Rodgers, Cedric Benson, Reggie Bush, and Leinhart should all finish ahead of him and you can also make a good case for Braylon Edwards finishing ahead of him.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I honestly don't think any player from USC deserves it because there's just to much talent on the roster to justify giving it to one player (even though i'm high on Leinart). Numbers wise and wins wise, Alex Smith should be right in the middle of the conversation but I don't think he deserves simply because he played at a mid major. I know it shouldn't be used against him because u play the schedule your given but with that said, I will use it against him. I think he's worthy of an invite but that's about it. So who's my winner? McPherson from Oklahoma deserves it. I don't care what Jason White's #'s are, their all a product of McPherson opening everything up for him. In the big games this year he stepped up big time and really carried them early in the season. I don't care if this kid was a Freshman, he deserves it. I don't want to hear Benson because when they went head to head, Adrian showed him what's up. Rodgers, Bush, Leinart, Smith, Benson, and a lot of others are worthy but if I was voting, it would be for Adrian (and I hate OU). With that said, this year's Heisman race is truly up for grabs. I'm glad where going to head into the ceremony not knowing who's going to win. It adds even more prestige to the trophy for the winner this year then ever before IMO because it's truly a toss up!
Who exactly is McPherson?

That's the beleagured ex-FSU QB who liked to bet on Nole football games. :D
In all seriousness, it's between White and Leinart. The "what have you done for me lately" people will look at the numbers these two have put up over the last half of the season. I'd be suprised if Leinart doesn't take it home because of the backlash from White winning last year. He put on a show Saturday vs. Notre Shame with every voter in the country watching.

The award IMO should go to either Adrian Peterson, Reggie Bush, or Alex Smith. I think Leinart will end up winning it though.

I honestly don't think any player from USC deserves it because there's just to much talent on the roster to justify giving it to one player (even though i'm high on Leinart).

Obviously you haven't watched much of USC this year or aren't familiar with what they've gone through. That's all they were coming into the season & halfway through, just talent. No experience to go along with that talent. Leinart has had to press on after losing his then #1 WR Steve Smith for a couple months with a broken leg. He lost projected #2 receiver Whitney Lewis to suspension for academic reasons. His current #1 target is a true freshman, Dwayne Jarrett, who suffered from depression at the beginning of the year & damn near transferred to Rutgers. His two stud TEs (Byrd & Holmes) have been hurt off & on all year. And not to mention he lost the #1 WR in the nation, Mike Williams. The only sure thing on USC's offense was LenDale White's power running & Reggie Bush as Mr. Everything. Leinart will easily win the Heisman with the #1 team.

Back
Top Bottom