Alex Smith......... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Smith.........

Bjorn

Go Giants
Reaction score
Alex Smith????

Do you thuink there is a remote chance that if we don't get any one to trade down with us, because they think were bluffing about QB, that Saban takes the leftover QB to make o say the Browns panick into drafting the RB of our choice and trading with us; kinda like the Chargers Giants deal last April?

Why would we want to take that chance when we can just take the RB instead. We probably will not get very much if we trade the left over QB anyway. It is all too risky and it could really turn out to bite us. Take what you have and do not be greedy

that's the way I feel but I was just wondering 'bout Saban.

Spector said:
Why would we want to take that chance when we can just take the RB instead. We probably will not get very much if we trade the left over QB anyway. It is all too risky and it could really turn out to bite us. Take what you have and do not be greedy
I agree with u 100%.

After watching the highlight videos that were recently posted, I have to say: Smith is accurate and smart, but I didn't see a single throw over 30-35 yards. I want to make sure our QB can launch it to Chambers and (hopefully) Matt Jones.

He did so in his workout. He's basically Chad Pennington with a stronger arm, and very good mobility.

There's some questions about whether the receivers were running full speed in the long passes during his workout. Not sure if I believe that. I really like Smith but the fact that he never throws the long ball either speaks of the system he plays in, his receivers' ability to get open deep, or his own hesitance in going deep. I think in Linehan's system you have to be able to really gun the ball down field to open things up. I would rather a natura bomber then one who has to work hard and thinks three times before launching it. However, having said that, the attribute I most value in a QB is intelligence in reading defenses and making sound decisions. Smith appears to have that in spades.

b_hjelmeland123 said:
Do you thuink there is a remote chance that if we don't get any one to trade down with us, because they think were bluffing about QB, that Saban takes the leftover QB to make o say the Browns panick into drafting the RB of our choice and trading with us; kinda like the Chargers Giants deal last April?

There is a great chance that Saban will do this. By the way I wouldn't be so surprised if Smith actually went first to S.F. and Rodgers was there at our pick. :cool:

Jaj said:
There is a great chance that Saban will do this. By the way I wouldn't be so surprised if Smith actually went first to S.F. and Rodgers was there at our pick. :cool:

Well..there are several people here (including Boomer) who also believe that San Fran has Smith rated higher. If Smith goes first, I would not mind picking up Rodegers at #2, specially if we can get a 2nd rd for Surtain, with that pick we could still pick up a good RB.

Back
Top Bottom