Alexander and Edge news | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alexander and Edge news

For the 8 millionth time, we will not trade for either of them. Why would Saban get a salary cap busting RB in the year when the draft is deep with RB's? All Saban has been preaching is how you have to build through the draft, you expect him to part with a 1st rounder? This rumor won't die because all of these 24 hr a day blabbermouths have to write or say something.

there arent many big prospects in next years' draft. So if we do trade a 1st rounder, i wont care. Altho i would like to draft Marcus McNeill for our OT position next year

ItalianDolFan said:
there arent many big prospects in next years' draft. So if we do trade a 1st rounder, i wont care. Altho i would like to draft Marcus McNeill for our OT position next year

There are plenty of big time players in next years draft, especially along the offensive line. Plus you never know what player will have a huge year and emerge as a top prospect. Trading a first rounder for one of these guys is a mistake imo.

I think saban is just trying to make the second overall pick more valuable to the bucks.. After us, Smith MAY fall to them, but if we want to take him, and show that we could get alexander or edge at the same time, then we would look set.. This way, we get to still do what we wanted in the first round at number 5 (get one of the top three RB's) and have a second and an extra third..

Why trade a 1st next year when we can just use a 1st this year to get a younger back? I don't like the idea of trading future early round picks. Look how much trouble it has caused this franchise in recent history.

I don't see a trade happening with Indy or Seattle. The reason we are trading Surtain is because we can't offord the big contract. I don't see any way that we take on their huge contracts.

feelthepain said:
Nick won't be trading any future picks, he thinks FA is not the way to go, the draft is.
edge isnt a free agent. this would be caled a "trade"

ItalianDolFan said:
but can u imagine how great we'd be, if we traded for Alexander or Edge. Then with our 5th pick, we get Edwards or Williams (WR). If we get those 2nd rounders from Tampa and KC (For Surtain) we could pickup David Baas and either Frye/Campbell/McPherson/Orton. So we have a Pro Bowl RB, Franchise WR, a possible Franchise QB. Then we got a good OG, in the 3rd round u get a good Center in Chris Spencer or someone. Wow, i like that idea of trading for Edge or Alexander

yup, doesnt that sound like ana amazing offense for linehan to work with? im excited!

phinman1 said:
For the 8 millionth time, we will not trade for either of them. Why would Saban get a salary cap busting RB in the year when the draft is deep with RB's? All Saban has been preaching is how you have to build through the draft, you expect him to part with a 1st rounder? This rumor won't die because all of these 24 hr a day blabbermouths have to write or say something.

did u read the link? saban is talking with them...how can u discount this as a nonsense rumor? you dont know what saban is gonna do. but post ur millionth and 1 opinion about who we wont trade for. thanks for the insider information nick!

CanadaPhinsFan said:
Why trade a 1st next year when we can just use a 1st this year to get a younger back? I don't like the idea of trading future early round picks. Look how much trouble it has caused this franchise in recent history.

Its a smokescreen my man. If we appear we might trade for a RB, then teams might think we would draft Smith. Its just all fuel to sweeten Tampa Bay up into wanting to trade with us and its good fuel.

We cant afford to take on one of those guy's salaries and trading a future first round pick isnt a good move. I would be shocked if Saban would trade a future 1st round pick for Edge or Alexander. Its all part of us trying to get a deal done to trade down.

lets hope we dont take either why go old when you can go young, i would not trade a 4th for either of them. Too much money, too old past the prime

NO WAY does Saban "give" away a #1 for either one of these RB's the simple fact is they are not worth a #1 pick in todays NFL

Back
Top Bottom