Alexander Gets 8 Year Deal From Seahawks

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Seahawks | Team agrees on eight-year deal with Alexander
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 19:44:37 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Seattle Seahawks have agreed to terms on an eight-year contract with RB Shaun Alexander. The deal is reportedly worth $62 million and includes in excess a total of $15 million in bonuses and salary the first year. It is not known how the deal is structured with regards to how much cap space the deal takes up in the first year of the contract. Alexander was eligible to become an unrestricted free agent March 6.

:lol: Panthers fans were drooling over him and pretty much thought he was going to sign with them.

Teams are getting scared about losing their RBs. I wonder if the Ravens will re-up Jamal before midnight.

byroan said:
:lol: Panthers fans were drooling over him and pretty much thought he was going to sign with them.

I think they're gonna get Jamal Lewis or Edgerrin.

damn you guys are fast... I was just about to post it...

I thought I was going to break the story... :boohoo:

I'm actually pretty surprised that Alexander didn't demand an 8 year 70 million dollar contract. He actually came cheaper than I expected.

Say goodbye to Hutchinson. A decent value put on him by any other team should mean the end of his run with Seattle.

chris84chambers said:
they already franchised hutchinson didnt they?

No. They transitioned him or something like that. He can be offered any deal by any team but the Seahawks can match it, If they choose to.

This deal is hilarious. IMO Alexander wanted the hell out, but seeing as the CBA (at the time of this deal) was about to fall through, he had to make a decision to re-sign or take likely a smaller offer elsewhere. He chose the 'Hawks and the deadline for extended.

Back
Top Bottom