Alex's pick: Dolphins 24, San Francisco 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex's pick: Dolphins 24, San Francisco 23

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Who has the edge? Dolphins or 49ers

DOLPHINS RUNNING GAME VS. 49ERS RUN DEFENSE: Edge: 49ers.
DOLPHINS PASSING GAME VS. 49ERS PASS DEFENSE:Edge: Dolphins
49ERS RUNNING GAME VS. DOLPHINS RUN DEFENSE: Edge: 49ers
49ERS PASSING GAME VS. DOLPHINS PASS DEFENSE: Edge: Dolphins
49ERS SPECIAL TEAMS RETURNS VS. DOLPHINS SPECIAL TEAMS COVERAGE: Edge: Dolphins
49ERS SPECIAL TEAMS COVERAGE VS. DOLPHINS SPECIAL TEAMS RETURNS:Edge: 49ers
INTANGIBLES: Edge: 49ers
COACHING: Edge: Dolphins.

Prediction: Dolphins 24, San Francisco 23.

COACHING: Edge: Dolphins.

As a Dolphins fan, I would take Mariucci, one of the best coaches in the league, over Wanne any day. But I guess if you look at all the other coaches, we might barely beat out the 49ers.

the ONLY thing that matters

is the turnover battle. If Fiedler doesnt turn iT over and Smith( or whoever) doesnt fumble......WE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND HOW SWEET THAT WLL BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'M FIRED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1LET'S GO LET'S GO LET'S GO............COME ON MIAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ay Blizzard.....

How can you say you'll take Mariucci over our coach any day. What's that have to do w/ anything? We dn't have Mariucci,....we have Dave W., and he is doing a hell of a job. Look at our talent level....fair at best.............then look at the 49ers talent..............AWESOME ACROSS THE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at our records 9-3 the same. W/ the talent the 49ers have I think my 9 yr old son can successfully coach the 49ers. Have faith in Wanns. and whoever the hell we have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We will take the cards dealt us and RUN WITH THEM AND THE DAMN SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 COME ON IAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1COME ON MIAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at our talent level....fair at best.............then look at the 49ers talent..............AWESOME ACROSS THE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at our records 9-3 the same. W/ the talent the 49ers have I think my 9 yr old son can successfully coach the 49ers.

I doubt your nine year old can successfully coach the Niners, Mariucci is one of the best coaches in the business, he has won championships in San Francisco, and made a bad team good in a very short amount of time. He has done a great job there. Wanne ruined the Chicago Bears, and has made some bad moves here. He let the best special teamer in the NFL (Larry Izzo) leave because he wanted to bring in some crappy guy from Chicago. He always likes to play and bring people in because he "likes" them, not because of their talent. If he is here for 4 more years, he will probably ruin us like he did with the Dolphins. He should stick to being a coordinator. He has been good this year, but there is no way he is a top coach.

I meant to say he will ruin us like he ruined the Bears, not the Dolphins, he hasn't ruined us yet.

BLIZZARD

i AGREE W/ YOU WHEN YOU SAY Wanne isnt all that good i'll buy that....sure.....there are many other coaches out there i'd rather have but we don't have them.....we have Wanne........as much as I hope he leaves us soon, you have to admit that this year we are seeing alot of positives that we havent seen in a long long long time....is it Wanne?..I don't think so.....but if it's working, then why stir up the pot????

Uh

He is not doing a lot of the things he did in Chicago. He has learned. He is a damn good coach. He will keep our team at an elite status for a very long time. His players WANT to play for him.

I find it very curious that your bagging on Wannstedt when all he did was bring in the AFC East Championship last season, and has us on pace to win it again this year. He has also brought such players as David Bowens, Travis Minor, Chris Chambers, James McKnight, and Morlon Greenwood. He brought in all three of our current QB's, and he has done a terrific job patching up an O line depleted from injuries.

Tell me this, what has Dave done that was bad? If you are going to blame conservative play calling that has lost us a couple games, then fine, but as of today his record as our head coach is 20-8, and when you factor in the fact that the DAMED JEST'S have won four of those 8 games, that figures out to be only 4 losses against the rest of the NFL.

I'll take Wannstedt thank you.

Yeah, I know Wanne has been good so far, but he isn't an amazing coach. He also likes to bring in people he "likes." What the hell was behind us letting Izzo leave. He also brought in some OL from Chicago because he liked him. He has done us good so far, but lets hope he doesn't do what he did with Chicago.

You said it Dolphan, his players play for him. That is the main thing a coach has to do is get his players mentally ready, and hire good cordinators. He has done a great jopb w/the first of thoose 2. Every team has let downs in a season(JETS), but what shows good coaching is how they respond. This team has been responding all season. After both Jet losses we came back and won games. We have had what, 5 4th quarter comebacks? That is a sign of great coaching. Ask Mike Riley. He could do better w/his d-cordinator, but has brought a great o-cordinator to Miami. As far the guy that is judgeing him on his ability to bring Larry Izzo back, you just don't understand football, and the salary cap. How can you justify spending 1 mill on a guy that is on the feild for maybee 5 mins a game? Also he did a great job replacing him Scott Mcherrihan has done a great job at 1/5 of what the Pats payed Izzo. Also our special teams have been our strng point all season, so why even bring this up?

Having 5 fourth quarter comebacks is the work of our offense, our defense (for not allowing any points), and the COORDINATORS!!!

Yea, he has made the job he has as comfortable as possible. That includes bringing in some of his own people. He let Izzo go, but brought in McGarrahan, who has been a special teams maniac for less money.

He let both Armstrong, and Donnaley(sp?) go, but both those guys are on injured reserve with blown knees. I know there is no way for Dave to know that in advance, but in Perrys defense, he has been playing with a bad knee all season.

I forgot to mention Todd Wade, Spencer Falou, and Harry Swayne. All nice additions to the team. OOOPS and Lamar Smith

Armstrong being injured really softens the blow of him leaving. If he were healthy, he would be kickin ass this year. At least we kept Taylor though, he has been great this year (although his sack total is down, but he works hard on every play, unlike Randy Moss.) Him and Moss play totally different positions, but at least JT works on every play. He is second on the team in tackles, and for a DE that is amazing. He deserves to go to Hawaii.

Back
Top Bottom