Alford To Lobos | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alford To Lobos

The Confessor

Doesnt play well with others
Reaction score
Okay, not surprising to me that I havent seen this thread already started, as the UNM fanbase at Finheaven is a serioius minority (I might actually be the only one:D)

What I want is insiders views of people that knew him from Iowa or from the Big 10 in general.

Although the Lobos have some very nice Alumni in the NBA-Kenny Thomas with Sacramento and Danny Granger with the pacers, it has been quite a while since the Red and Silver were a real presence in NCAA-Mens basketball. Ohhh I long of the days of Micheal Cooper and Marvin (Automatic) Johnson-being ranked #2 in the nation at one point........longing.....still longing....

So, any insight-whether positive or negative on Alford?

he's a lot like Bobby Knight.

Basically, Iowa was getting restless because they weren't getting McDonald's AA, and were never seen as threats (and they were miffed that non of Alford's recruits have been drafted).

Alford was getting restless because he wanted improvementst o his facilities, but the only person the Iowa board will listen to is Kirk Ferentz.

Good coach, did the best he could with sub par talent, but was just the victim of poor timing.

Iowa is a football school and he is playing 2nd fiddle. Good to jump ship, he can rebuild his rep at New Mexico then jump to another job

The fans go crazy at the Pit in Albuquerque.....I would rather coach there than at Iowa. Looking forward to seeing Alford bringing his Lobos into Colorado Springs against Air Force.

Back
Top Bottom