ALIJAH VERA-TUCKER At 18 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ALIJAH VERA-TUCKER At 18

I know he is projected to go before 18. But I think he may drop due to positional of being an NFL guard.

What do you think about taking him at 18?

I am not thrilled with the edge rushers in at 18. I think 18 is too early for a rb.
I prefer an edge rusher at 18 but I wouldn’t complain if they decided to continue to upgrade the offensive line with that pick. Vera-Tucker appears to be a player who would upgrade the OL and could be a very productive player for the next decade.

I’ll give you “generational” and raise you the new mythical “unicorn”.
I’ll raise your “unicorn’“ and give you ”god”. Because that is the term some have used on here to describe a certain TE in this years draft.

Why would we take Guard, exactly? We have bigger holes at center and LT. But I still don't want Sewell @ 6. I wanted Slater @ 18 but damn if that hype hasnt gotten him

I'd consider Dillon Radunz and Carlos Basham particularly good value if either slips into the second round. And if mock drafts are to be believed they will.

Why would we take Guard, exactly? We have bigger holes at center and LT. But I still don't want Sewell @ 6. I wanted Slater @ 18 but damn if that hype hasnt gotten him

Neither of those spots is a hole. There's a long term need at C, but not at LT. If the Phins are trying to upgrade OT or maybe OG by sliding Hunt inside, I think Jenkins fits their profile more than Slater.

Trade down, pick up an additional 3rd, and take the best fitting edge rusher remaining. Only way I'd stay at 18 is if someone like Parsons falls. If stuck, I'd be okay with Paye.

If we stay at 18 and go OL, my preference would be Tevin Jenkins.

Would you be willing to trade up for slater if he falls to say 14? Or no trade up. We draft at 18.

Is there any prospect you would trade up from 18?

I personally agree with your other post about trading down around 22

Neither of those spots is a hole. There's a long term need at C, but not at LT. If the Phins are trying to upgrade OT or maybe OG by sliding Hunt inside, I think Jenkins fits their profile more than Slater.
That's my point - Hunt at Tackle or Guard. Right now, frankly, I can't see Jackson improving enough at LT. I didn't like him in the draft. I didn't like him in the season. I think he was easily the worst of our 3 and I think he'll eventually be the one who doesn't stick.

C is easily our biggest need imo

Would you be willing to trade up for slater if he falls to say 14? Or no trade up. We draft at 18.

Is there any prospect you would trade up from 18?

I personally agree with your other post about trading down around 22
Damn. that's a good question and a tough choice to make.
I do it. He's the best center prospect in the draft, he's arguably the 1b to Sewells 1a, and he's rated the top guard.

Yeah, Ive talked myself into it. I do it, assuming price is somewhat near chart value. What say you?

Damn. that's a good question and a tough choice to make.
I do it. He's the best center prospect in the draft, he's arguably the 1b to Sewells 1a, and he's rated the top guard.

Yeah, Ive talked myself into it. I do it, assuming price is somewhat near chart value. What say you?
Yes, I would. Again, like you said, assuming compensation is even or near chart value.

There are certain players i would trade up for. Forget the top guys. Of course if Sewell or chase etc falls to 14 i would trade up.

After the obvious ones
If Moehrig falls past 25 I would strongly consider trading up from 36

Then there are guys like Harris I would not prefer at 18, but if we traded down to say 22 I would like it.

Slater at 14 is a no Brainer for me.
Slater/Sewell
Smith/pitts

If we could get any combination of those 4 ( minus bot linemen) because 1 fell to 14 I would believe we had a slam dunk draft.

I strongly believe we will be making a trade with either Tennessee or Minnesota concerning pick swaps. I also believe Parker gets trade on draft day. Maybe when GB is on the clock.

I truly believe one of the top offensive talents will slide down. They may make it to 18. But I would rather secure them at 14 personally.

But then again, I am one of the worst mock drafters. I had Miami taking Josh Jones with our 2nd 1st last year. I think he went in the 3rd. I am truly horrible lol. I also believe Wilson should be the top pick, not Lawrence. I truly believe he will be a bust

At some point I think we address Center.

Likely not with our first three picks.

If one is great value at #50, it's a possibility.

If he comes in and can play, Skura can then challenge at Guard.

Please no talk of drafting Guards before the third round.

Miami can easily snag a starting caliber C prospect in the 3rd. I like that division 2 kid

If we go OL earlyish, it needs to be someone who will be true RT. Or a center
And can run a 4.3 40 + score from anywhere on the field + make some big plays in the passing game. As long as they are “reporting as eligible” on every play and score 12+ TDs next season I’m all for it!!!

Possibility and this draft is deep at Oline. We really need a center, attempted to pick a center these past couple of drafts and got outbid, not this year imo and unless we aquire more picks a center is what we are getting in the 2nd round. 1 B will be defensive front 7 or possibility of rb.

Back
Top Bottom